Rocket Internal Design - Four Rooms

image.thumb.png.f626a8f3cd98a34147ad53958677784b.png

Fair bit of spaghetti, but I achieved what I initially thought wasn't possible: Four unique morale-granting rooms, without compromising on long-term usefulness!

• Plenty of Oxygen
    • Internal size alone grants 2 cycles (70 tiles x 1700g = 119kg, dupes are 60kg/cycle)
    • Storage of diffuser grants an additional 4 cycles (250kg max)
  • Oxyfern deals with CO2 produced
    • Can be wild, but that means downtime
  • Fridge for long-term food storage
    • Fridge can be powered, probably 24/7
    • Fridge is also in CO2 and there is a convenient empty tile for a switch next to it
  • Latrine with sink
    • Also with a Deodoriser for any PO2 off-gas, just in case
  • Rooms and water cooler provide 7 morale
  • Decor is generally decent, can be improved with metal tiles
    • Care would need to be taken to avoid unwanted CO2 pockets

I did also want to squeeze in storage, which at first appears possible by moving the deodoriser one left (replacing the door with a solid one), and moving the top door up one (adding a tile top-left of the generator), but this is actually a literal trap as the generator room becomes a one-way entry and the dupe gets stuck.

If you compromise, instead opting for a barracks by not having either the bed or decor (or both), you can get a little extra in there, probably including a compost.

image.thumb.png.e467201b58d254dac79ebfbad938cc04.png

Tactical usage of metal/glass tiles can also be employed for extreme decor!

Some areas do not achieve +120, but since the decor actually works beyond 120 and the control station and bed are two of those spots, you should get a hefty morale boost out of it.

Some tiles remain mesh tiles to maintain healthy airflow. You could actually abuse niobium to halve the penalty for it. I also replaced the wiring with 2kW to remove that debuff. There's additionally some space for crown moulding, though the effectiveness is minor since it only works within the rec room.

I actually did the small one first, and achieved this:

image.png.82fce584cfea08e081a7e03e92a91584.png

The size of it means there's not a lot of room for innovation, so it's very unlikely you can fit anything meaningful in the remaining space, except for a ceiling plant. I actually had to forgo the battery in favour of <1000g with buffer automation on the generator.

Archived