Ranching beefalo

Beefalo  will endlessly  walk to its herd  if you try to telelocate and it won't spawn babies  herds have a size limit and once it reaches their limit some beefalo may try to leave and create a new herd when  the normal herd gets too big around 12 to 15 beefalo.  

Another method is domesticating a beefalo fully  and having it  undomesticate  this will make a brand new herd on its own 

3 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

Beefalo  will endlessly  walk to its herd  if you try to telelocate and it won't spawn babies  herds have a size limit and once it reaches their limit some beefalo may try to leave and create a new herd when  the normal herd gets too big around 12 to 15 beefalo.  

Another method is domesticating a beefalo fully  and having it  undomesticate  this will make a brand new herd on its own 

I meant telelocating 1 to keep the herd alive at all times , and my question was more "how do you keep them in your base without them breaking the walls" not "how to get them there" , but thanks for answering 

7 minutes ago, Nubidubi23 said:

I meant telelocating 1 to keep the herd alive at all times , and my question was more "how do you keep them in your base without them breaking the walls" not "how to get them there" , but thanks for answering 

Oh I see I'm not sure if the broken hay wall collision is still a thing  since it's  the main reason to keep the beefs away from the actual walls and birds on the other side. Honestly  a thing you can do is line the pen with some spaced out anenemy    like 1 every 1.5 tiles birds don't land near them so that would keep the beef from breaking walls 

Also telelocating them would just cause that beef to eventually  make its own herd 

I always have a pond inside a very large pen, that way when frogs aggro them they'll all rush into the center to kill the frog. That way they'll always be near the center of the pen and not wander off or aggro stuff outside the pen when in heat.

Archived