Good Game, Suggestions

Good Game, I have some suggestions on how to improve it.

1. Add Voice Acting

I tolerate the harmonica stuff well enough, but I'd much rather some witty or cartoony voice acting than what we currently have. It doesn't need to be the highest quality, I'd seek some fan voicework to start with.

2. A backstory.

I'd prefer some form of Intro, I realize this is most likely on the Agenda of course. but we could do with an Intro to portray how he came here other than what happens at the current game start.

3. Guns.

We could use some form of battlements, like cannons. This goes in with my other suggestion.

4. Continuity

What I mean by this, is we should have the ability to build buildings, like houses or forts. And this leads to my next suggestion.

5. Other survivors.

I would like to see the appearance of other survivors (eventually). That appear in your world after a LARGE amount of days. After all, you couldn't be the ONLY one to play naughty and attracts the demon's ire.

6. End game.

Yes, that dreaded word. I don't need boss fights or anything like that. But it would help to know that eventually one day, you'll get the crazy idea to escape your world. Perhaps, off in the distance, you see a strange mansion or something. Maybe you add boats to those waters that surround the lands and you must ferry across using SCIENCE! to land upon the mansion lands. Bringing any (NPC) survivors with you and trusty loyal combat pigmen you can fit on your raft, arming them with whatever you devised.. which leads me to my next suggestion.

7. More weapons.

Shotguns, Flamethrowers, throwing knives, brass/mohagany knuckles, maybe even a science machine training dummy that you can train on for X amount of days to actually be proficient in combat and not die so easily. Maybe unlocking combat rolls and the like.

Seeing how this game is Indy, I believe the sky is the limit as it were. I hope you consider doing more with what you have.

8. Sleeping.

And perhaps using the toilet.

9. More building objects.

Like toilets. Outhouses.

10. Lanterns.

Longer lasting sources of light.

11. Fishing.

I see there is water. Would be nice to make use of it.

Well, that is it for my suggestions. Please consider at least some of them. Thank you.

You can sleep using the straw mat, fishing is incoming: most likely with the next update.

I do wish the pumpkin lantern lasted forever though. Right now it is just an aesthetic change to the fireflies, and fireflies last forever. I think they are cool and would like to litter my camp with pumpkin lanterns, but alas they burn out after a time.

I think I prefer this game's way of doing voices, it fits well with the overall style :)

Some good points, but I am honestly very strong against many weapons and especially guns. I feel like guns just dont really fit with the style of the game. A bow and arrow I could see happening, but having a whole assortment of weapons seems out of place. Dont Starve is in my opinion about finding different kinds of food and holding out as long as possible, not about killing anything that moves with dozens of weapons like some trained soldier.

I can fully agree on most of the other points, though the lack of voice-acting seems to suit the style of the game. Also agreed with the above poster, pumpkin lanterns seem fairly useless (though cool looking) thus far.

Some good points, but I am honestly very strong against many weapons and especially guns. I feel like guns just dont really fit with the style of the game. A bow and arrow I could see happening, but having a whole assortment of weapons seems out of place. Dont Starve is in my opinion about finding different kinds of food and holding out as long as possible, not about killing anything that moves with dozens of weapons like some trained soldier.

I can fully agree on most of the other points, though the lack of voice-acting seems to suit the style of the game. Also agreed with the above poster, pumpkin lanterns seem fairly useless (though cool looking) thus far.

I think more weapons could be a great thing, what if they expanded the game and added more, challenging levels?

Like the Evil haunted mansion dimension, where the only thing to eat is Monsters. And because of the toxic content of their meat you must survive off your TEA MAKER, and to refuel your tea maker you need rare monster parts. It's a vicious cycle. And then you must also feed your panicky survivors, and deal with... THE DARK ONES. And! The only light sources are your own!!! So you must milk bat oil to power your lamps, and if you entered this place without your devices, without your SCIENCE!...

YOU ARE DOOMED FROM THE START!!

SKY'S THE LIMIT EVERYONE! THE LIMIIIIIT!

My thoughts are as follows:

1) Voice acting isn't needed and I like the use of sing-song voices. Besides we can read what they're saying. There are lots of other great games where language wasn't important, for example ICO.

2) Back story isn't necessary either, IMHO. A games doesn't need one to be successful. Take Minecraft for example, it has no plot and people love it. I like imagining what the plot of Don't Starve is more than needing to be told. I mean, what would knowing the plot do? This way I can come up with whatever plot suits me best. ;)

3) Guns haven't been well received, and I should know since I suggested having a flint-lock rifle. Of course my suggestion was more to create a one-shot kill weapon that, after being used, needed several seconds to reload and was useless in combat against multiple foes because you would be overwhelmed before you could reload it. Still... I would have to wait and see where the game goes before really suggesting it strongly, as there are so few things that you can't already handle with a spear and some pig men.

4) To be honest I just don't see that happening. Maybe wooden walls... but not buildings or forts. But hey, that's just my opinion.

5) I prefer my solitude. It's bad enough I have to share the islands with the pig men. :p

6) In my opinion we don't need one, just like how we don't need a plot. I'm still confused as to why Mojang bothered adding one to Minecraft, not that I'm interesting in it after investing 200+ hours in my Minecraft world.

7) I'm sure there will be more weapons, but what weapons will be the question. I personally suggested a few: bow & arrows, slingshot, dart gun, and flint-lock rifle. Maybe bolas would be nice too... to trip-up fast moving targets/enemies.

8) As noted, you can already sleep with the right gear. No toilets though.

9) I'm sure they're do that, except my guess is they won't be toilets or outhouses.

10) They just need to make the pumpkin lanterns permanent light sources...

11) Yup, as noted, this update is coming down Soon.