Shouldn't Tungsten and Steel's Overheat Bonus be Swapped?

I was building some moderate temp stuff the other day, and had both Steel and Tungsten to choose from, when I noticed the overheat values seem to be reversed between them.

Right now, Steel's overheating bonus is +200c while Tungsten's is only +50c.. This seems kinda crazy-backwards, as Tungsten is well known for being able to handle FAR higher temperatures than most other metals, including Steel. Even in the game, it has the higher melting point at 3422, vs 2427 for steel. And in order to make the highest overheat-resistant stuff in the game, Thermium, you have to use Tungsten, so it's base bonus value should probably be higher than freaking Gold.. lol

I certainly don't want Steel to be less useful or any major change.. But for the sake of consistency, those values should be somewhat reversed/tweaked, maybe Steel should be +150c while Tungsten gets the +200c. IMO that'd be much more consistent and balanced with the rest of the metals and their values.

5 hours ago, V Ean said:

Maybe steel be +150C and tungsten be +230C more for tungsten cause tungsten is quite rare, and if steel is +100c many things could not be built(especially if no tungsten planet).

Fair point. After I wrote the post, I was actually thinking Steel would be better at 150, might edit that back in. heh

And Ya, I don't wanna change how people make their builds.. I just think the devs should consider tweaking these values a little bit, to make them more consistent/predictable based on reality. Their current values just seem counterintuitive to anyone with basic knowledge of the melting point of metals.

Gold and copper's values are also a little backwards, but those don't bother me as much as Tungsten vs Steel, cause like that's what Tungsten is known for. heh

Archived