The game crashes but in my account doesn't crash

My friend bought the game a week ago and the game ran perfect but today we wanted to play and it crashes when he opens the game, he gets a warning message on the screen and when he hits play it crashes. We tried to verify the files, reinstall the game and nothing works, I lent him my account to try the game from there and surprisingly it worked, then he returned to his account and he got the same warning error on the screen, does anyone know what he could do? I think it may be something with the save data since that shows the message that comes out. please i need help we want to play

e6cb8c3e-b4da-4035-a1c5-6bb259ea2714.jpg

Try renaming the folder DoNotStarveTogether in Documents/Klei/ to DoNotStarveTogether_. That'll make the game not find your old save data and create new data, which I think will fix your issue. It'll be a bit more complicated if you want to keep your worlds, though. Just check to see if the problem is actually with the save data first.

53 minutes ago, Electroely said:

Try renaming the folder DoNotStarveTogether in Documents/Klei/ to DoNotStarveTogether_. That'll make the game not find your old save data and create new data, which I think will fix your issue. It'll be a bit more complicated if you want to keep your worlds, though. Just check to see if the problem is actually with the save data first.

im gonna try

5 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

Oh, shoot. Hmm... Have they uninstalled & reinstalled, too?

yes, he's doing it right now 

2 hours ago, Electroely said:

YOOOO IT WORKED, MY FRIEND CAN PLAY NOW, THE GAME DON'T CRASH. now he can create worlds and will not be lost?

58 minutes ago, XTheBadGuyX said:

YOOOO IT WORKED, MY FRIEND CAN PLAY NOW, THE GAME DON'T CRASH. now he can create worlds and will not be lost?

New worlds your friend creates should not have any problems, yeah. Some mods might cause problems - though I don't personally know any that would. If something like that happens, try removing the save data again and disabling all mods. If it happens without mods then it sounds like something Klei needs to fix.

Archived