Adobe Animate Workflow (Technical)

Hey there,

I love oni and I realized that it is made in Unity while the animations are done in animate. So I was wondering how klei gets the animate files into Unity. I cant find any tool for it and I am about to write my own, but I dont know where to start.

Regards,
Moon

Alright after some research I can see that I can export a movie clips from animate and it gives me a sprite atlas with all the grapic symbols, a sprite atlas.json which describes where each sprite starts and endsĀ and it gives me an animation.json file which describes the animation. I understand how I could create some code that reads that animation.json and creates an animation clip for this animation. But isnt there a way to create a sprite atlas for all movie clips inside the adobe animate file? And then just have one sprite atlas? Also I didn't do it yet, but is the "reading the json file and creating an animation clip with code" as straight forward as I think it is? Also is this actually the way Klei does it? Or is there a simpler way?

Thank you for taking your time to read this, I appreciate it!

Archived