"This card exists only for this battle"

I was trying to test hatch cards for an eventually attempt at making parasites. I copied everything from bog blaster and tested in debug fight screen.

Problem was, the game doesn't seem to hatch cards that exist for that fight and nothing else. Same no-hatch problem occured with the blaster, which I know should have hatched just fine.

If there's any alternative for debug spawned cards to be able to hatch, instead of standstill, that would help.

You can do something like this:self.owner.agent.battler:LearnCard(new_card_id) to add a card permanently.

The problem with the current parasite hatch function is that it is not moddable. It is hard coded so that it only allow parasites defined in the base game, and there's no way to access the table that contains the parasite defs because it's local. You can certainly try to rewrite everything, but it's probably better if the devs can make parasite moddable.

Is that even a word?

Ah...diddly.

I had been on the discord where they thought if something called bogtober, and I wanted to make a parasite card line for it...

If you know, on a scale of one to "oh god", how long might it take for the parasite whosie-whats-it to become moddable instead of rewriting the entire game to do so? 

It's probably very easy. Instead of filtering through a local list, they can just search through content for all the parasite cards. It's not going to be efficient, but not by much. They can also make the hatch function accessible elsewhere, or auto add the hatch function if a card is parasite, hatches, but does not have a hatch function defined.

Archived