Weird damage calculation

Playr10

This is the condition's code, while it works perfectly fine on cards, it seems to start higher than 10% per stack and exponentially decrease on NPCS. When stacks are at 20, the attack deals exactly 4x damage. I want each stack to only add 10% to damage (ex: 4 stacks = 140% damage, 2 = 120%)
 event_handlers =
        {
            [ BATTLE_EVENT.CALC_DAMAGE ] = function( self, card, target, dmgt )
                if card.owner == self.owner then
                    dmgt:ModifyDamage( math.round( dmgt.max_damage * (1+(0.1*self.stacks))),
                                       math.round( dmgt.max_damage * (1+(0.1*self.stacks))),
                                       self )
                end
            end,
        }

So that would technically be 40% more damage right?  What I'm seeing in your code is 140% more damage on top of the damage you will already be doing, you can probably fix it if you do:

dmgt:AddDamage( math.round( dmgt.max_damage * (0.1*self.stacks)),
                                       math.round( dmgt.max_damage * (0.1*self.stacks)),
                                       self )

dmgt.max_damage is already 100% of the damage, (0.1*self.stacks) will add 40% more damage to that assuming self.stacks == 4

Basically just remove the 1+

No, it's not a 140% increase in damage, it's 140% damage total. I'd know if it doubled damage if enemies started off doing 110% more damage than usual, plus as I said before, it was exponentially decreasing in % increase per stack. I was going to get a video to show you, but my code inexplicably started working, so I'll take it. It might have been creature/character/racial traits interfering, but I find that unlikely since I tested this on several different enemies.

edit: plus, if this were true, my cards would be dealing double damage with 1 stack

Archived