Need help with an error

I had my mod working, but recently whenever I try to use it I get stopped at an error screen. I don't know what exactly the problem is, and was hoping someone could help me. Here's the error screen I get: image.thumb.png.c31578f7eba9980fc852b050352d0120.png

Any additional information you need to help me with this, let me know, I'm far from experienced and that's why I'm in desperate need of assistance.

19 minutes ago, Serpens said:

common, a single line lua?! This is impossible to debug :D
The error tells me, that there is a problem in line 1, but everything is line one :D
Are you trolling?

i'm really not, I had it working and I have literally no clue what happened. even my backups suddenly stopped working, not like the game updated in the time between it working and it stopping either.

3 minutes ago, penguin0616 said:

@PigGaming We can't really help you fix an error when you put everything on the same line. You'll have to fix the formatting. No idea why you put on 1 line to begin with.

see, this part was not me. I hired somebody to handle this stuff for the most part, I just did some of the much smaller customization. when I went to them with the error, they essentially said the job was done (and i already paid them since it was working, so nothing i can really do.) Guessing I just got f'ed over then?

@penguin0616is there an automatic way of clearing the code?

@PigGaming, ok so the problematic code is this:

if TIMEC < TIMED then
    return AlbieBernieBrain
else
    return AlbieBern
end

while:

local TIMEC = os.time()
local TIMED = 1596730200

Sooo..... why should anyone check the current real time?
The timestamp is 08/06/2020 @ 4:10pm (UTC) and it looks like the person who developed this, made this on purpose to make sure your mod does not work anymore after this date. You should report him somehow and warn other people to not pay him for this ********.

Anyway, if there is not more code like this, it should be fixed by replacing these 5 lines with only:

return AlbieBernieBrain

within the files Albie-mod\scripts\brains\albieberniebrain.lua

okay... I just searched for os.time and the person did it in total within 3 files, so there is more to fix. I will fix it and attach it to my post.

Report that person to Klei and/or name it here if you know Klei-forum name or Steamname.
Good for you that they refused to "fix" your mod. I would expect that they "fix" such errors they implemented themself to get even more money.

Albie-mod.zip

Edited by Serpens
  • Big Ups 1

37 minutes ago, Serpens said:

@penguin0616is there an automatic way of clearing the code?

@PigGaming, ok so the problematic code is this:

if TIMEC < TIMED then
    return AlbieBernieBrain
else
    return AlbieBern
end

while:

local TIMEC = os.time()
local TIMED = 1596730200

Sooo..... why should anyone check the current real time?
The timestamp is 08/06/2020 @ 4:10pm (UTC) and it looks like the person who developed this, made this on purpose to make sure your mod does not work anymore after this date. You should report him somehow and warn other people to not pay him for this ********.

Anyway, if there is not more code like this, it should be fixed by replacing these 5 lines with only:

return AlbieBernieBrain

within the files Albie-mod\scripts\brains\albieberniebrain.lua

okay... I just searched for os.time and the person did it in total within 3 files, so there is more to fix. I will fix it and attach it to my post.

Report that person to Klei and/or name it here if you know Klei-forum name or Steamname.
Good for you that they refused to "fix" your mod. I would expect that they "fix" such errors they implemented themself to get even more money.

Albie-mod.zip 2.47 MB · 0 downloads

Thank you very much. It works properly now. That's extremely sus, they went by Nor I believe. They kind of implied they'd do it for a price but I didn't wanna pay more, yeah, sounds like a scam they probably used on a lot of people.