Combustion mod?

Personally i would want to see a mod that makes it possible to burn coal/refined carbon/wood to produce heat and carbon dioxide. and no in like a fireplace but in the open consuming oxygen.
It would make things such as coal powered steam power plants possible and move automatic non machine using ceramic/metal refineries from space age to midgame and possibly making more powerful sour gas boilers feasible while adding a game mechanic i think would be useful and interesting but what do you think of such

and while i would like to see such mod i dont know nor have the time to learn to code so if anyone knows where i could commission one from somewhere that is not super shady and is reasonably prized then let me know.

Two currently existing mods come to mind, Carbon revolution and Industrial boilers. I haven't tested them but they have lots of carbon related stuff if you want to go down that rabbit hole.

I currently have very few mods installed and want to bring the current map I'm playing to space/endgame before looking into adding more mechanics to it via mods. So in this case, let me know how it went :D

So, no O2 consuming mods that I know of...

34 minutes ago, heikki9736 said:

While both are good neither has really done what i would like to see which is more akin to coal offgassing CO2 and creating heat in the process but still thank you.

How could I forget Blast furnace? Eats coal and O2! (Edit: read some comments, mod is probably out of order atm :( )

I think that what OP is after is for things to actually burn in the game.

Like, actual "THIS ROOF IS ON FIIII~IIIRRRE!!!" burning.

Which, I admit, would be a rather interesting dynamic to have in the game.  So long as there is sufficient heat, enough oxygen, and a fuel source, then that's all you need for a fire.

Archived