UX Feedback: Random Events & Destination

Hi!

I was thinking, from a user experience perspective, it doesn't make much sense that after a random event the user doesn't automatically continue to their destination.

There can often be four or five waypoints on a map, and users have to remember which waypoint they were travelling to before the random event.

As an analogy, this would be like setting your GPS to direct you to another city, and after you stopped for gas, the GPS forgot the route and you had to reenter it.

It makes more sense that the player would automatically continue to their original destination than it would for them to stop in the road.

Kind of a nitpick, but that's my feedback, thanks!

there's one situation, and that is when you get the good samaritan event. as long as there's one situation where you wouldn't go directly to your destination, you wouldn't want the game to do it for you.

also, what if an encounter drops you to critical hp, and you have to go back to the grog to heal up? it's like someone robbed you at said gas station, and you kinda wanna not go to your original destination because you can't do your original task.

I would like it if the UI indicated where you were headed after resolving a random event (like a flashing arrow on top of it or something). I tend to forget it too after some of the longer ones. But I agree that automatically leading you there is not the solution.

On 9/15/2020 at 4:26 AM, pacovf said:

I would like it if the UI indicated where you were headed after resolving a random event (like a flashing arrow on top of it or something). I tend to forget it too after some of the longer ones. But I agree that automatically leading you there is not the solution.

You are dropped off at your original waypoint, but don't begin a mission. That way if you needed to heal/divert you could.

Archived