Debug Catalog.

So i have gotten into modding and the first thing i wanted to make was a booster pack of simple cards for the game (i've picked up steam, so hopefully something can come of it soon).

Problem is, i have no idea what the debug commands are, which of course means i can't test any of the cards i've made, so for all i know they're mini bombs waiting to blow up my game once played.

SO. if you know what debug commands do what, tell me. hopefully this helps me and other people who don't know the debug commands.

you can ctrl+t and go to the debug negotiation/fight screen. In debug negotiation screen, click on the negotiation panel and you can see a bunch of options. for fight, select a preset and edit the team composition to start a fight, then you can see a lot of options for you to play around with.

the ones i highlighted.

today i learnt that screenshots don't include your mouse.

so for the negotiation one, see the top button that says Widget.NegotiationPanel to test on the current negotiation.

for the battle one, select a preset, and then edit your team and press "Start Fight"

thank you, honestly i don't know how i didn't figure that out.

because i actually tested the cards now, i realized such things as one card had target type self, meaning you hurt yourself by playing it. worst part was it's a strong expend card. 

although one last question arises. how do i switch characters in negotiation. if i can get that then i'd be good to actually test cards i make, both in negotiation and battle.

14 minutes ago, RageLeague said:

click on the place that says <NONE>, select a character, and end the previous negotiation. then you will start a new negotiation with the correct opponent.

Pardon me, I meant player character. I've tried to add cards to my hand from rook's deck but no matter what I changed to rook instead of sal it wouldn't let me.

i found this out from this post, but it's weird...*ahem*

get to the fight screen with ctrl 5, or the negotiation screen with the same debug command.

When there, press tilda [`] to open a panel with cards and presets.

for fights, choose a random preset and add your grifter to the empty team. Once you're in the fight, hit tilda again and find the dropdown that says Decks.

in that drop down is all the cards in combat. show all will show ALL cards, not just the grifter's.

for negotiations, hit tilda and look for decks in the intial menu, without ending the current negotiation.

add the cards you want from that dropdown, and adjust how many you have accordingly.

when you're done, hit widget.negotiation in the top left. on the next screen, hit either win or lose to end the negotiation.

you'll go into a fresh negotiation with all your given cards.

These have been the ways i do it, but that's because i don't understand the idiosyncrasies of the debug commands to be more efficient. 

Archived