[Suggestion] Better support for custom acts

RageLeague

Currently my mod adds a custom act to the game. However, I now have two issues with the current system.

1. Only one character can be associated with an act. Adding the same act to different characters causes numerous issues.

2. The game didn't keep track of custom act added as part of my mod, and thus, when I do the generate po file function with generating the specific mod, it won't show up as part of that mod.

• Developer

1.  Adding the same act to different characters breaks some core assumptions about acts, such as being able to look up their associated background, which a lot of places in the code do.  So instead I've added a new PlayerBackground:AddClonedAct helper function which basically copies the data from an existing act (it's not big) and gives the new act a unique ID.

I'll include a snippet from the example mod to illustrate:

local act = GetPlayerActData( "SHELS_ADVENTURE" )

-- Now this act will also appear for Rook.
GetPlayerBackground( "ROOK" ):AddClonedAct( act, "ROOKS_ADVENTURE" )

Hope that helps.  (Note this will only be available when the experimental build tonight goes out)

2. Thanks, this is now fixed.  Up until recently, the game didn't track where specific pieces of content came from so I've been having to go through each type and set it up with a mod reference.  PlayerBackgrounds and PlayerActs now have this knowledge!

Thanks for the answer.

The main reason for me wanting to add common acts is because of the current act filter system on quests. Currently, the act_filter variable in questdefs only support a single act id, and I'm afraid simply duplicating an act won't work. is it possible to make act_filter also support tables, or better yet, function that returns a boolean depending on the act?

Archived