Why my character mod crashes my game after i activate it?

902dude

I have been starting to try to make custom characters mods with the sample character mod for Dont Starve and after a lot of tries i got it and the mod finally started working but as the mod was just a visual character with no original lines i started writing them, so after some time i was almost done with all the lines and after that i saved the file and i started dont starve to test it everything go fine i selected the custom character and started a New World and after the world already generate it i get a warning that a error happened so i disable the mods and i tried again but after that when i activate it and then i activate it, after the screen go black the game just crashes no warning screen no an error screen the game just directaly crashes i tried again and the game do it again and after a lot of tries i gived up and went here to ask for help so..anybody know what happened? I checked the speech files and everything looks fine no " missing or other thing like that

Hi. Sorry for replying so late, but this forum's notification system is a mystery for me. In scripts/speech_gil.lua you have missed "," at the end of line 1027, and that's all. Another crash happens at the character selection menu. You will need to add avatars (mod->images->avatars) to make it work properly.

1 hour ago, Yakuzashi said:

Hi. Sorry for replying so late, but this forum's notification system is a mystery for me. In scripts/speech_gil.lua you have missed "," at the end of line 1027, and that's all. Another crash happens at the character selection menu. You will need to add avatars (mod->images->avatars) to make it work properly.

Looks liike it works now thank you

Archived