Ideas For Next Character

Willfred the Cursed

IMG_20200903_215144_267.thumb.jpg.fd0c9873273aeb715b62267403223a51.jpg

130 HP 130 Sanity 130 Hunger

Story:

• He is a angry old captain went to the sea on a rainy day. It was really dangerous but he just wanted to get more fish just for money. His first friend went to the ship to take flashlights but drowned. His second friend tried to protect the ship from hungry sharks around but he attacked by one. His last friend tried to give him some stuff like life jacket but the captain was gone when he get there. His three friends died because his ambition and selfishlity. Then souls of them cursed him on that full moon night before they fly to the sky. After few years he gets drunk everynight, he was not giving a sh*t about curse, the only problem was about his friends. On night he tried to suicide but he get into portal by Maxwell...

Small Details:

• He could row and fish faster and better. Experiences of years!
  • He could craft all boatstuffs, planks, fish rods and ropes without prototype.  Can do even hand free! Ok just kidding...
  • He gets dry faster. Don't ask me how.
  • He losses sanity rainy nights so much. Bad memories :(
  • He gain 7 sanity per catching a fish on sea. When caught fish is new, he will get 13 sanity. What a fish men.
  • He have a small sanity gain on sea. Fresh air for oldman.
  • His favorite food is kebab. He tasted it in Istanbul before and really like it.

His Curse:

• He can/must craft an altar for his three friends's until Fullmoon. Altar give him small sanity gain.
  • He will turn a skeletonal form every fullmoon. If the player put bunch of food at least costs 200 hunger to the altar, he will turn his old form. Player will be able to put food only when he is on skeletonal form. But if he not he will stay like that until put food on altar. By the day, the effect of curse will be dangerous. 
  1. At the first day he will gain speed boost and his health will be 30 HP Also a ghost figure trying to extinguish fires around.
  2. At the second day he will gain health regeneration, speed bost (old) and his health will be 20. Also a new ghost figure will aggro creatures to you time by time.
  3. At the third day he will gain health regeneration (old), speed boost (old) and faster cutting/mining/fighting and also night vision. Also a new ghost will attack players around and take items on ground. (Items will get dropped when curse get remove.
  4. At the day of the fourth day will kill player. So don't try it.
  • He don't get sanity from any food item, God damn curse...

His Special Items:

• Has a compass that show what he want much... I mean what he put on the compass slot. Even works for mob drops!
  • He can craft binoculars with bottles. It's works like shipwrecked binoculars. Other characters can use it too but cant see far as he see.
  • He could cook a special food called Captain's Special with fishs. This food will give players fishing luck.

I want something like that for next character. Please give your feedback and spare new ideas.span widgetspan widget

Great idea overall! Here are changes/additions I would make though

Nerf the curse. Having to prepare 200 points of food every full moon is kinda annoying, and having to be at the atlar is more annoying. I think instead of having to sacrifice things during the full moon, willfred should be able to sacrifice 200 points of food before full moon to prevent the curse from happening at all. This is because if he was doing anything close to when full moon arrives, he would have a problem. Its kinda like woodies curse, except you cant just wait it out

Sanity penalty. Food is the best source of sanity and not being able to get sanity from eating means that one would have to wear items or constantly be at sea in order to keep himself sane (sleeping is too wasteful) Maybe let him get 10 sanity for eating fish or fish related food?

The binoculars seem like a really good idea, I hate the fact that these wooden pancake boats take 30 hours to get to their destination even with 20 sails. 

Summary: Really good character, lore and perks. The playstyle might be annoying due to the curse though.

11 hours ago, Pootis Bird said:

Great idea overall! Here are changes/additions I would make though

Nerf the curse. Having to prepare 200 points of food every full moon is kinda annoying, and having to be at the atlar is more annoying. I think instead of having to sacrifice things during the full moon, willfred should be able to sacrifice 200 points of food before full moon to prevent the curse from happening at all. This is because if he was doing anything close to when full moon arrives, he would have a problem. Its kinda like woodies curse, except you cant just wait it out

Sanity penalty. Food is the best source of sanity and not being able to get sanity from eating means that one would have to wear items or constantly be at sea in order to keep himself sane (sleeping is too wasteful) Maybe let him get 10 sanity for eating fish or fish related food?

The binoculars seem like a really good idea, I hate the fact that these wooden pancake boats take 30 hours to get to their destination even with 20 sails. 

Summary: Really good character, lore and perks. The playstyle might be annoying due to the curse though.

Sanity from fish dishes makes sense.

Also if we could sacrifice food before moonlight, its would be really easy to handle curse. Player can make three meatball and two cooked berries easily in long time period but it's a bit harder in one night. But not sure what people really want, maybe I love hardcore.

Thanks for your feedback!

Archived