Feature Request: Check All Favorite Mods At Once

With August QOL we can now favorite mods.   

Can there be a select all favorite mods toggle that will automatically make active your list of favorite mods?   So you press the toggle once and then all your favorite mods are turned on during world creation instead of having to click each and every one.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but it was the only place on the forums I saw for feature requests.

i think this might cause more harm than good if you have certain mods that you usually but not always want in your favorites. you could accidentally turn one one that you hadn't meant to and you'll have to log out to unclick it(wasting time or worse might accidentally alter the world in an unwanted way and have to reroll it(wasting way more time)

i know i have three favorite mods that i don't actually want to always have available, one isn't too bad it is freezer backpack which gives you several extra slots in your regular backpack and can be toggled to not allow things to perish(ideal for keeping animals alive for relocation), the next is starter pack which can be configured to giving first-time players free things to help them stay alive(i greatly enjoy giving people a free backpack with poultice, an umbrella and jerky so they can explore comfortably at their own pace) and set-piece config which changes which kinds of set-pieces will be more likely to show up and can even force extra ones to show up if your world is large enough to support them. the backpack one is a bit over-powered to start out with and is more suited for basebuilding worlds, the starter pack isn't something i actually need so if the world is a solo one then that is a waste of inventory slots with junk i don't want and set-piece config is really overpowered  and i do sometimes _want_ to get things like guardian pigs instead of 50 skeleton spawns in caves x''D making it so mods are turned on manually each time saves a lot of heartache and time wasted because not all favorites are appropriate for all games and it is too easy to accidently turn on something you did not mean to

tl;dr? it is easy to make a mistake if you have a 'toggle all' option

4 hours ago, gaymime said:

tl;dr? it is easy to make a mistake if you have a 'toggle all' option

It depends.   Of course you'd want to double check your list, either way right?  Whether all favorites are checked or not you should check what you are enabling.

It comes down to whether it is easier to uncheck a couple mods that are favorite but not appropriate for every world or to check all you favorite mods.

For me, I've got say 30 mods favorited and maybe 4 that I do not want on every world.   It would be easier to have a "check all favorites" and manually uncheck those 4 mods than to manually check 26 mods.

2 hours ago, smeagolheart said:

For me, I've got say 30 mods favorited and maybe 4 that I do not want on every world.   It would be easier to have a "check all favorites" and manually uncheck those 4 mods than to manually check 26 mods.

fair, just know mistakes do happen even when you are careful, it is human nature, after all

Archived