Help needed with pressure damage

I'm building my first petroleum boiler and messing around with a design I found online. (This Francis John/youtube one.) And when I boil crude oil, the tile at the bottom right of my reservoir starts breaking.

W - W
W - W
W = = W
W = = X
W M M W

- and = are empty space, filled with oil. = are also tempshift plates.

M are metal tiles.

W and X are insulated tiles. X is where the damage is happening.

I rewound the game and made the entire right wall double thick. Both tiles on the bottom right row started breaking at the same time once I applied heat.

I'd like to know how this system is working so I can fix things.

Thanks.

What's happening is that your oil is building up in your boiler and pushing the "pressure" up.  Most tiles will take damage if there is too much liquid pressing against them.  Generally its about equal to the amount that would be found about 6 or 8 tiles deep.  If your crude is over about 900kg/tile you're probably going to have trouble.  You can solve the issue by replacing your X tile with a airflow tile -- but you'll probably get a breaking tile elsewhere if the pressure problem isn't addressed.

I use obsidian or Ceramic at this point. because it is very hard and give me no trouble with pressure damage. 
And did you make the heatplate out of Gold? Temps are still fine? Nothing oili builds up? 

image.thumb.png.199e73dfc8149a5ab9beaadf303b5822.png

Insulated tiles are igneous. Heatshifters are obsidian. Metal tiles are steel.

I don't have access to gold this map and wanted to err on the side of things not melting. Checking the database, I could re-do all the heatshifters in iron for a good improvement.

I haven't let it run long enough to encounter any problems besides the startup.

Archived