Tweak the healing event in Rook's Brawl

The healing/restoration event prevents Rook from visiting the tavern. There's no reason whatsoever to gimp him in that manner: Rook has the lowest HP out of all characters, his only way to heal is a conditional Brain Tick, his negotiation shtick is rife with RNG until you get better cards and coins, his starter Defense cards (both negotiation and combat ones) and their upgrades are inferior compared to other characters', and last but not least, the bloody parasites.

The solution to this problem is simple: Rook should be sent to the tavern after the healing event instead of being forced to start the next mission. This way the player will be able to perform tavern activities at their leisure, same as other characters, along with removing the insufferable 'healing event - Pengemunt - boss fight' chain of events that didn't allow for any help to be hired due to the tavern being inaccessible.

4gtk5o.jpg.f83579b0b5e394c9817185354cb38a24.jpg

Mission 4 "Mech Survival", lose half HP, mission 5 "Boss Fight" against Shroog with 23 HP because BLOODY PENGEMUNT must trade his damn coins, so I can't visit the tavern to heal. Would you kindly move his kradeshi posterior to the tavern already so you wouldn't have to skip the tavern before the final day mission? Why's he in the bog anyway, there aren't any coins there!

So I did a few Rook Brawls, trying to get the feeling for the campfire thing. It's useless. Does literally nothing to help avoid stupid situations like this one.

1082942793_.thumb.png.856bb39b21b87b8214d4e588647dc381.png

I had to go into this fight with 20 health and no tavern backup because Rook's not allowed to visit the tavern before the boss fight. Do you even play your own game, Klei?

Trying the yet again  updated Rook Brawl, something doesn't seem right.
1123592532_.thumb.png.53011558b2aa915e3d7bdd87bc594aef.png

What's this? A middle of the day boss fight and Rook's allowed to visit the tavern?! Did someone forget to make sure that Rook Brawl was as unbeatable as it is insufferable? This wasn't a single occasion either, it happens every run.

So, Rook's not allowed to visit the tavern before any boss fight EXCEPT for the middle of Day 4 and Day 5 ones? I don't see any logic in these changes, at all.

Archived