Builders won't make steam generator without Electrical Engineering

I'm trying to get a steam generator built. It has sat there with a priority of 9 (nothing else above or equal to it) for a while. I know dupes can access it because they are gathering materials around it. So that's not the issue. I finally looked at the "errand" list for it, and noticed it said ALL of my builders were unable to do it because they needed to learn a skill! All four of them are at Improved Construction III so it made no sense! Finally I noticed it said I needed mechanical engineering to OPERATE it. I learned that on one of my builders, and she instantly went and built the steam generator. This needs to be fixed so it either mentions both skills are needed, or Electrical Engineering is NOT needed just to build it.

While it may look inconsistent, Construction skills aren't required to build anything. They provide Construction attribute bonus, but thats it. Advanced builders should actually master Mechatronics Engineering to be able to build everything.

That being said, I agree that current descriptions of Steam Turbine does not clearly enough indicate that Electrical Engineering is required to build it. The description in the building menu does mention Electrical Engineering in the "Requirements" section, but it does not specify that this is a requirement for building it rather that for operating it. I think it could use some clarification. And may be highlighted with bold script.

We may also use some kind of specific notification that would indicate the situation when dupes with high priority for errand cannot complete it because they lack skills, and dupes with necessary skills have low priority or not allowed to perform an errand. Currently the only explicit notification is "Colony lacks skill" icon, but it doesn't work when there is dupe with required skill, even if that dupe cannot reach the errand or not allowed to complete it.

Edit: Fixing formating and typos

Archived