Dupes continually trying to fill feeders that are already full.

I have noticed my dupes that are ranchers (with ranching set as "Very High" priority, but all others set to normal) are trying to continually fill feeders meant for just pokeshells. To get them to stop, I have to clear the filter on the feeder, which drops all items to the ground. But when the items on the ground are gone (pokeshells eat it all) I have to turn the feeder back to the pokeshell food filter, and the ranchers go right back to filling it up. When they pick up items from the storage bins, it says they pick up "0 polluted dirt" and when they drop it off, the feeder says "added 0 polluted dirt" as well. But they keep going back and forth anyway! Despite having all other tasks at normal priority, they will not do any other task.

If I select an animal to wrangle, they will go after that animal and stable it. If there is another feeder to be filled (one for hatches, for instance) they'll take care of that. They'll stop messing with those feeders to do any ranching task out there. But once all ranching tasks are completed, they will go right back to filling those pokeshell feeders, endlessly. They will not build, clean, dig, cook, research, etc. They ONLY revert back to those two feeders!

First of all, refilling critter feeders is recently changed to be a Ranching errand, so filling feeders is maximum priority for your ranchers as it should be.

I suspect that the reason ranchers continiously bring 0 polluted dirt to feeders is that polluted dirt is actually slowly offgasing, constantly losing mass. As they lose only milligrams of mass, the feeders still stop count as being full, and create a high-priority errands for their refill.

To stop offgasing you need to keep the gass pressure in the room with feeder above 2kg. It should be possible to achieve by sealing off the room with liquid airlock, removing all gases from the room and pumping single gas through High Pressure Gas Vent.

Archived