How to attack too quickly?

Today I saw a Don't Starve Together Twitch streamer who is hitting a boss twice when I hit once.

It seemed that he was using attack motion cancellation or trick, but the important thing was, his attack speed was too too fast.

This was like the situation that I saw on Reforge. I've never known the attack motion cancellation or trick is possible on original server till when I saw him.

Does anyone know the way? I wanna try this. I don't think he was using client mods or using consoles. I think this is relavant to attack movement cancellation by edting playercontroller.lua file, but I don't know how to do this.

In Vanilla DST, you need to switch weapons right in the middle of the attack, which will cancel the animation and allow higher dps. it does work if you can switch from another item and back to the one you had already, but it's easier to just use two weapons.

In the Forge it only works with staffs, and you have to move a tiny bit in between attacks.

1 minute ago, Blue Moth said:

In Vanilla DST, you need to switch weapons right in the middle of the attack, which will cancel the animation and allow higher dps. it does work if you can switch from another item and back to the one you had already, but it's easier to just use two weapons.

In the Forge it only works with staffs, and you have to move a tiny bit in between attacks.

I'll try this. However, the streamer I mentioned didn't seemd to move at all when he is hitting. Isn't it relavant to editing playercontroller.lua file completely?

7 hours ago, FuriousChimera said:

I believe he was using this client mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2114536684&searchtext=happy+cheating

The mod helps you cancle animation attacks and reach double dps without switching weapon. As the modder said in the description, it belongs to the cheaty mod category.

This is the one which I have found. Thank you for information a lot.
Have a lucky day!

Archived