Finding a robot spawn is often quite difficult, so getting gears can become a chore of just getting lucky to get gears popping out of a rolling bush or grave.
It would be interesting to add an object that allows you to detect robot spawns.
It could be a "metal detector" that is made from pieces of magnet that can be obtained by mining stones.
Then you have this detecto stored in your inventory and if there is a spawn relatively close, it will point you to its location.

I have encountered worlds with not a single clockwork on surface, tho it is pretty rare, so i don't think there s any guarantee to have a clockworks setpiece. That being said, i wouldn't change the fact that gears are not too common overground, the ruins are such a reliable source to get tons of them, and makes it one of the reasons to go there; i wouldn't change that.

3 hours ago, BeeClops said:

I have encountered worlds with not a single clockwork on surface, tho it is pretty rare, so i don't think there s any guarantee to have a clockworks setpiece. That being said, i wouldn't change the fact that gears are not too common overground, the ruins are such a reliable source to get tons of them, and makes it one of the reasons to go there; i wouldn't change that.

I think a bit to the contrary, that is, there should be at least one spawn of robots in the world, since not everyone rushes the underground or at least I do not like to go during the first days, if not progress slowly.
So if you can get at least 3 gears (if I remember correctly) it would be enough for a fridge and a machine that turns off the fire.
Now if you want more gears you can venture underground.

2 hours ago, Mr0idealistic said:

What about a structure that manufactures clockworks like a little factory of sorts of course this structure wouldn’t be made by the player but would appear naturally in the world

That could be a good idea too, but it takes complicated resources to obtain to produce at least one gear, so that this machine cannot be abused.

10 minutes ago, Josedx9 said:

I think a bit to the contrary, that is, there should be at least one spawn of robots in the world, since not everyone rushes the underground or at least I do not like to go during the first days, if not progress slowly.
So if you can get at least 3 gears (if I remember correctly) it would be enough for a fridge and a machine that turns off the fire.
Now if you want more gears you can venture underground.

That could be a good idea too, but it takes complicated resources to obtain to produce at least one gear, so that this machine cannot be abused.

if that happens you can kill in full moon some suspicious marble statues

Archived