Idea for Mod involving camerawork

I have this idea for a mod, but I don't have the expertise to code it at all. I searched for an existing mod that could possibly already have this idea I have implemented, but I couldn't find it on Steam. So... I figured I'd share my idea, maybe someone peeks interest and makes it.

I've noticed that, even though the game is called Don't Starve Together, players will spend most of their time doing their own thing in far away places. They'll usually interact on big tasks, like giants, hound waves, raid bosses, etc.

I thought it'd be a cool idea to have a mod that forces the players' camera position to be a shared one, like in other games such as Castle Crashers. The camera would be centered in a intermediate position between players, and it could zoom in and/or out depending on the distance between players like on Super Smash Bros. Wandering too far from each other could have whatever consequence, such as not being able to see yourself, losing sanity, losing health... Just go creative on that if anyone wants to put their work on this idea.

Since I don't quite understand the game's code, I don't even know if this would need to be a server mod, client mod, both, or how difficult it'd be to code it. But I think this would make a nice challenge mod, with some interesting outcomes for people using voice chat or streaming the game.

Edit: If a mod such as I described already exists, I'll just hide the thread.

Edited by VitorF