How to improve... improved farms (and non-meat food in general)

Non-meat corckpot recipes should apply buffs simmilar to the ones applied by Warly's dishes. Obviously they'd be a lot weaker, but hey- increased damage or armor even if by small ammount is still better than nothing.

In theory this should encourage players to start using farms. Now how to make that process less tedious:

If special conditions are met improved farms would output more crops. For example 1 farm could yield max 3 dragonfruits.

These conditions wouldn't affect the speed of farm, only its output

-players would be now able to use bucket'o'poop in 2 ways: if dragged over a crop it'll fertelize it but if dragged over I.F. it'd upgrade it (simmilar to masts). Upgraded I.F. would have that bucket now as part of its model. Player would have to refil the bucket with poop from time to time

-nearby insects such as bees, butterflies or maybe a new insect. These would... well, polinate the farms

-structure that'd collect rain and later moisturize the ground

-strawhat placed on the scarecrow

Call it Warly main bias, but I think that meaningful crockpot buffs should be exclusive to the chef man as that is all he has going for him and the viability of them vs the sacrifice of actually playing as Warly is up for debate.

However I absolutely think that farm plots should be reworked and I agree with your suggestions to make using them less tedious. I also think that a big problem is the RNG of feeding birds. It isn’t really worth it since it seems most of the time you just waste the crop as the bird just gives you one seed back. I definitely think those numbers could use a tweak 

2 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

I also think that a big problem is the RNG of feeding birds. It isn’t really worth it since it seems most of the time you just waste the crop as the bird just gives you one seed back. I definitely think those numbers could use a tweak 

On 7/7/2020 at 2:14 PM, Szczuku said:

If special conditions are met improved farms would output more crops. For example 1 farm could yield max 3 dragonfruits.

2 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

Call it Warly main bias, but I think that meaningful crockpot buffs should be exclusive to the chef man as that is all he has going for him

As I said buffs from regular non-meat crockpot dishes would be a lot weaker when compared to Warly's

Archived