Rook Brawl: Robot Survival is harsh

Hi, just wanted to drop by and say the Robot Survival event in Rook Brawls seems pretty harsh. Had so many games killed there when I've been pretty happy with my current build. No other event in either Brawl mode has continually ended games for me like Robot Survival. I groan now every time it comes up as it usually means the end of my game. Please consider giving it some love, the opening rounds of damage you take are often enough to 1 shot you if you reach the event with anything but full health.

It would be easier if you know your enemies.

• Combat Drones usually don't attack first turn, and they're so weak anyway so you could just ignore them, or keep them on the field so the harder enemies that were in backup won't join the battle.
  • Autodogs could be a little problem since they can apply both Wound and Dread, if you have spare fire power try taking them out before they debuff you.
  • Cobblebots (Rise robots) could be horrifying if they use their Defect debuff, but note they could only attack/Defect you if you have their Reticle debuff, which they'll always use if none are present. So if you remove them either with Brain Tick or playing maneuver cards (blue cards), they'll play dumb and cancel what they were going to do and apply again.
  • Enforcers (Spark Baron robots) dishes out the most damage. Notice while they are in hovering mode, if you hit them they'll reduce their attack count, which is indicated as a condition below them, and they get stunned when all charges are gone. Rook has lots of multi hit attacks, you could just shoot them down. When they're on foot they could either attack/heal+power/back to hover, which should show as different intent icons, whatever it is just focus them down.

My opinion is to prioritize attacking Enforcers > Autodogs > Cobblebots > Combat Drones. The mechs could combo each other pretty well, play according and 6 turns should be over pretty quick.

I also need advice. Brawl mod. Beginning of the day, no one to hire.

20200629204322_1.thumb.jpg.833607714421d60a873a355440ceb94a.jpg

The game gives out such enemies:

20200629204328_1.thumb.jpg.73a3624451db9f9d7d7e5575389c61a2.jpg
I replayed it several times, but still I die by 2, sometimes by 1 turn.

20200629204527_1.thumb.jpg.c522f5e32c19d80641795b16fdbcea86.jpg20200629204454_1.thumb.jpg.887e3741ce49d1338f91906c2936d72e.jpg

What to do? I feel like a sheep in the slaughter.

@KaanethI played last night on Prestige 1, turned off all the extra decks, no mutators. I'm not sure what settings you play with but I was as basic as it gets. And then I discovered the robot fight is really, really hard. I also played it on Prestige 14 the night before and the robot fight was really easy.

First run with the Robots wasn't too bad on Prestige 1 (but was still challenging). Suppressing Fire helps a lot in this fight. I had a couple of good fire cards and I managed to get through it, only to die on the next boss fight. Second run through I couldn't find any good area damage cards and I died on the last round. If I get time tonight I'll play again (After I try out the daily) with all of the card decks available and post back with what I find. I suspect that it will be much easier.

Not exactly. I'm saying at Prestige 1 if I don't use any of the additional card decks I find the Mech fight considerably harder than Prestige 14 with all the desks unlocked. I just ran though the first half of brawl at Prestige 1 with all the decks unlocked and it was really easy. Cards like Concentrated Fire, Vent and Gemini really helped. 

So with Rook's Brawl I can now comfortably say if you are struggling, run through the campaign a couple more times, unlock a few more cards and try again. You might find it a whole lot easier.

Archived