Co-op mode suggestion

Yes or No?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this suggestions?

• Yes
    • No

It would be nice to add a cooperative mode to the game.
The mechanics may be different:
1) 2-4 portals (3 duplicants in each) on one asteroid (in one place or at some distance from each other), where players can share the responsibilities of one colony (with the ability to control only their duplicates).
2) 2-4 asteroids (of the same or different types) with the ability to observe each other and exchange resources and / or even duplicants (sounds great, I think).

I did not see any sense to make co-op many asteroids, because game will transform into dark souls, when you infiltrate enemy base and stole burgers, steel and glass, build trans-asteroid pipes and transfer their oxygen and water to your base.

However, it make sense, and also should be easy in implementation such idea:

one host computer, who store all gaming data and behave as it done now, + can accept connections from %outside%

as many clients as it possible can connect to host machine (need to keep simple server, who will allow connect to host machine)

all clients can build same base.

I love ONI. It is a great game.

But currently I don't see how to make fun coop from it. 

If KLEI had some nice idea - cool, why not? But since I lack online friends, I'd rather see single player mode expanded.

Archived