Night shift Lazybones

I have 20 dupes in my colony, which are divided into 2 shifts, the second shift is adjusted so that it maximizes the advantages of "night owl" and "early bird" duplicants, but also contains the normal ones (as much as normal applies to anyone exposed to a claustrophobic environment with 600-second day/night cycles). The split is 50/50 between shifts AND between the priorities and the duties they are tasked to perform.

Except that the night shift are lazybones that are hardly doing any construction in the colony. Builders and diggers, which have their respective vocations set as highest priority, are doing secondary jobs rather than what they are specialized for.

Are they just plain lazy? Should I make an example of one of them?

21 minutes ago, BigBadBeef said:

Are they just plain lazy? Should I make an example of one of them?

While drowning some poor slob of a dupe in the septic tank is always good for morale (if not, just repeat until morale improves), I think you may have some other issue here. Have you looked at the individual tasks lists of your dupes at the time they are doing "secondary" jobs?

1 minute ago, BigBadBeef said:

Like I said. All appropriate priorities have been adequately configured. The night shift is simply refusing to pick up construction where the day shift left off.

So where _is_ the construction in their individual priority lists?

You are missing the point. The night shift is doing exactly the same things the day shift is. I've taken great efforts to divide duplicants with identical skill sets and identical priorities. This shouldn't happen... at all!

I reiterate: Where _is_ the construction that does not get done in the individual dupes personal priority TODO list (_not_ the global one)?

You can continue to insist you are doing everything right or you can get help. Chose.

Everytime I go check, the todo list shows construction as second to whatever they were doing at the moment. Go check on the same dupe a little moment later, they are doing something else, construction is again second on the list.

Though I am in the late game now, the game's performance is a bit twitchy in high speed and when in thermal mode. Could it be a bug?

How are the shifts arranged? Does the night shift start their job when the day one is still working or after? I`d imagine if they start their shift as the day shift is still doing the construction job they go for other stuff instead and as the day shift goes for a break they keep doing their current tasks with the construction being second.

Might happen if they start the shift at the same time day shift goes to break. Might be a separate thread problem when the night shift searches for jobs before they get the memo that day shift finished their jobs.

On 5/17/2020 at 4:32 PM, Gurgel said:

While drowning some poor slob of a dupe in the septic tank is always good for morale (if not, just repeat until morale improves)

Well that wasn't such a bad idea after all, except in my case it wasn't a morale issue, it was more like nocturnal workplace motivation issue. But my method of execution was a lot more sinister. I locked the dupe in an abandoned latrine with a clogged outhouse in an atmosphere of natural gas from flatulent dupes, sour gas and carbon dioxide at 65°C (my own special cocktail). All but one of the dupes got back to work, the other one was sobbing at the grave for the rest of the cycle!

While watching your best friend choke to death on your farts because you didn't meet the workplace quote is quite traumatic, I didn't expect it would actually work... weird!

Screen1.jpg

Archived