Oxygen is denser than steam.

In the game oxygen will happily sit on top of steam, but steam rises above oxygen in reality. In fact water vapor is also less dense than oxygen. Changing this would steam turbines less of a chore to prepare as it would be less important to vacuum out the space before-hand.

I`d actually prefer if the turbine let other gasses through so it doesn`t get stuck with a random gas pocket with 100 kg of steam below it but i wouldn`t be opposed if steam was lighter than other gasses.

i build my wild steam turbines with an extra free tile above the steam room to prevent that. once i have enough steam in it, i open it and close it again. little messy, but it works. :D

On 5/18/2020 at 2:29 PM, Baer said:

i build my wild steam turbines with an extra free tile above the steam room to prevent that. once i have enough steam in it, i open it and close it again. little messy, but it works. :D

Isnt it easier to build 2 tiles steam room with salt/polluted water layer and clean water layer above? Only liquid = no gas, only steam when water will evaporate.

ONI and realism lul :shock:

Yes, it is, but with an volcano you need at least three layers to build an steamturbine on top and not all maps have easy access to saltwater. but all maps have clean water and polluted water. you can pump the steam room out, but its mostly not worth the effort. 

image.thumb.png.2a104938ce57cd534c4640030eb967a2.png

this is my iron vulcano. runs fine since around 400 cycles. 

Archived