Mysterious dupe

Yesterday I was playing hard when a "suffocating" emergency comes up. Weird, because in my 700 cycle base noone should wander out without exosuit and we didn't have enormous digging commands to complete. I checked immediately and what I found was amazingly wierd. A dupe, without exosuit of course slept(!) within a closed steamroom existing to feed the early rocketry program of mine. And I was like WHAT??? HOW??? WHEN??? God...

So at first I went on crazy to let the dupe out, then I realised I don't remember a dupe named like him. So I checked him under priorities, everything was default. Then under skills I realised this dupe had 0 skills to distribute, he was lvl 1 with something like 62 xp. So he was a totally new dupe appearing somehow in a closed steamroom. Furthermore not just a newly printed dupe, he was like a dupe you start a new game with. No skills, no xp. And I was like what the heck?! It did not happen after a reload or something I played continously for hours... maybe this was the problem.

The end of the story is an unfortunate death, because he used the pole to slide down to the oil biome without a suit and when I realised he was sooo slow to climb back... so you know, inevitable suffocating. If he resurrect after 3 cycles I will name him Jesus.

Just a funny and strange story I wanted to share with you guys. Do you have something similar to share? Would be fun to read!
Have a nice day everyone!

13 hours ago, nakomaru said:

Mysterious dupes are most often caused by inadvertently pressing ctrl-F2 with debug enabled.

Well, this is quite useful actually. I mean a year ago I tried to enable debug mode with the txt file creation and everything I found on the internet but it did not work for me. At least I couldn't activate it. The txt should be in the folder still, so is it possible to spawn a dupe without enabling the debug mode with the backspace? Is there a sign that inform you about debug being active? I played around in sandbox but as you can tell I'm not experienced with debug.

I will test this on the same game, thanks!

Just now, Mascot said:

The txt should be in the folder still, so is it possible to spawn a dupe without enabling the debug mode with the backspace?

Yes, as long as you have the file present, you can use debug hotkeys at any time without needing to open the debug panel.

Archived