more fish help

In a modmain, you could alter some variables in the tuning.lua file. This process should be no different for dedicated servers, all you have to do is make sure that the mod goes in the right folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\mods. I took a quick look to find some variables that might interest you:

FISHING_CATCH_CHANCE = 0.4,

MAX_FISH_SCHOOL_SIZE = 2,

SCHOOL_SPAWN_DELAY = {min=0.5*seg_time, max=2*seg_time},
SCHOOL_SPAWNER_FISH_CHECK_RADIUS = 30,
SCHOOL_SPAWNER_MAX_FISH = 5,
SCHOOL_SPAWNER_BLOCKER_MOD = 1/3, -- 3 or more blockers will prevent spawning
SCHOOL_SPAWNER_BLOCKER_LIFETIME = total_day_time,

You can either spawn more fish, or make them more likely to be caught by a fishing rod by checking out the OCEANFISHING_LURE section.

Chaning them in modmain might look something like this:

GLOBAL.TUNING.FISHING_CATCH_CHANCE = .8

Remember that since you're in modmain, you won't need the commas at the end of each line since you're not in a list.

Chaning something from the OCEANFISHING_LURE section would be like this:

GLOBAL.TUNING.OCEANFISHING_LURE.HOOK = {charm = 0.5, reel_charm =  0.1, radius = 5, style = "hook", timeofday = {day = 1, dusk = 1, night = 1}, dist_max = 0 }

I changed some values here, but I'm not sure what the timeofday  and dist_max values do so I didn't change them. You can experiment with some crazy value to see what they do.

Hope this helps...

On 5/8/2020 at 6:56 PM, rawii22 said:

In a modmain, you could alter some variables in the tuning.lua file. This process should be no different for dedicated servers, all you have to do is make sure that the mod goes in the right folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\mods. I took a quick look to find some variables that might interest you:

FISHING_CATCH_CHANCE = 0.4,

MAX_FISH_SCHOOL_SIZE = 2,

SCHOOL_SPAWN_DELAY = {min=0.5*seg_time, max=2*seg_time},
SCHOOL_SPAWNER_FISH_CHECK_RADIUS = 30,
SCHOOL_SPAWNER_MAX_FISH = 5,
SCHOOL_SPAWNER_BLOCKER_MOD = 1/3, -- 3 or more blockers will prevent spawning
SCHOOL_SPAWNER_BLOCKER_LIFETIME = total_day_time,

You can either spawn more fish, or make them more likely to be caught by a fishing rod by checking out the OCEANFISHING_LURE section.

Chaning them in modmain might look something like this:

GLOBAL.TUNING.FISHING_CATCH_CHANCE = .8

Remember that since you're in modmain, you won't need the commas at the end of each line since you're not in a list.

Chaning something from the OCEANFISHING_LURE section would be like this:

GLOBAL.TUNING.OCEANFISHING_LURE.HOOK = {charm = 0.5, reel_charm =  0.1, radius = 5, style = "hook", timeofday = {day = 1, dusk = 1, night = 1}, dist_max = 0 }

I changed some values here, but I'm not sure what the timeofday  and dist_max values do so I didn't change them. You can experiment with some crazy value to see what they do.

Hope this helps...

i tryed to add the code in one of my mod that i use in my server but it say each time i try to launch the server, line 10 unexpected symbol near (local) 

how should i put SCHOOL_SPAWNER_MAX_FISH = 5, in the modmain file with other line of code ?

Would you mind showing me the other code just for reference? As for changing that line specifically, the only thing on that line should look like this:

GLOBAL.TUNING.SCHOOL_SPAWNER_MAX_FISH = *number here*

Also, since this is in modmain, don't forget to remove the commas. In tuning, all the variables are defined in a list so they need separation, but in modmain, all the changes are declared one by one on a new line, so I wonder if that's what the "unexpected symbol" is.