Just some suggestions on Automation

Hey there Klei, thank you for this awesome game. This has probably been mentioned before but what I want in this game is:

• Make Robo miner moveable .Like up/down,left/right or even with a conveyor, or add a miner that can maybe 'fly' like a drone. 
  • Maybe also make the auto-sweeper moveable via conveyor maybe. 
  • The conveyor can maybe itself be powered to power the auto sweeper/robo-miner
  • Sweepy is awesome but it would also be awesome if he can 'travel' to other floors etc, this will then be my "auto-sweeper".

It would be awesome to be able to automate mining/delivery and everything. The current automation items is awesome but think of combining it with even mining and moving materials etc.

I also think that it would be cool if a transit tube access can have both a In and Out so that dupes can come to and leave.

Just think of automating all these things and the dupes can just enjoy themselves in the "end game" haha.

So I would like to say again thanks for the awesome game. I can enjoy the game and use my creativity and brain at the same time. 

Regarding Sweepy, I've wished for elevators in the past for this very reason.  Does anyone know if it's theoretically possible (it would be ugly and inefficient, of course) to make an elevator out of stacks of sideways doors in such a way that Sweepy could be lifted up or down?

I also like the conveyor idea.  Liquids would probably have to be immune, but debris and attached objects (except for steam turbines! ;)) could do some fun things.  Weight plates would certainly be more interesting IMO, and maybe canisters/bottles would have useful interactions.

EDIT:  Totally misunderstood the conveyor.  I was thinking conveyor tiles a la Terraria, not interactions between "mounted" buildings and conveyor rails, which is I think what you meant.  I'm not sure how that would work, but I still like the concept.

Hey there Thank you for the reply :)

I like that everyone has awesome ideas :D and I hope Klei reads these.

I hope they implement something like this in the future.

In anycase I love the game xD 

On 5/7/2020 at 2:23 PM, Danneman said:
  • Make Robo miner moveable .Like up/down,left/right or even with a conveyor, or add a miner that can maybe 'fly' like a drone. 
  • Maybe also make the auto-sweeper moveable via conveyor maybe. 

too OP, expand your infrastructure and build more of them.

Archived