A proper wicker refresh

Would you rather see a nerf of the books or a rework?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather see a nerf of the books or a rework?

• Nerf
    • Rework

I'd love for wickerbottom to get some kind of rework i love her as a character but her current perk, the books ,seems way too strong

As we all know by now, wicker in her current state is just absurd, so, since characters are getting reworks now, i thought this would be a great oportunity to a) bring her down to the power of the "balanced" survivors and b) make her gameplay more deep than *tEntaCle gO spaNk or *He hE blOw daRts fUn

Firstly i would like to suggest adjustments to her downsides firstly make the food spoilage penalty harsher, stale food gives no health now and only gives 30% of its original hunger value, and eating anything spoiled would provide no hunger, -10 sanity, -3 health

This is debatable but perhaps giving her another downside would not be necesary since she wont be as powerful as she is now, not even close hopefully

Now there is 1 rework and 1 ners that i think would be proper

The nerf: 

This would consist on flat out making the books weaker, here are my ideas:

• Applied horticultture: reduced raidius, perhaps similar to what it had on the gorge?, uses: 5 >>>> 2
  • Birds of the world: only summons 7 birds now, uses 3 >>>> 1
  • Sleepy time stories: makes you groggy when reading it (reduced raidius?), uses 5 >>>> 3
  • On tentacles, if this book gets weaker to a point where wicker can't abuse it anymore it would probably have no use and thus i suggest it is replaced
  • The end is nigh!: uses 5 >>>> 3 (requiers yellow gems now?)
  • *replacement for on tentacles idea: Medicinal herbs and you, when reading it wicker heals herself and nearby other survivors by 40, recipe: 2 papyrus, 2 blue mushrooms, 2 uses 

The Rework:

I think reworking the books would also be pretty nice and personally this is what i would like the most

Since the books are way weaker here this would open up room to include some new and intersting books

•  The books now work as a crafting station like maxwell's codex umbra, they still need to be crafted
  • They would allow wicker to craft items that would still help her produce recources but its way harder to do so
  • Just to be clear im not talking 50 items per book im talking 2

So far i've thought of:these:

Applied horticulture:

• Plant Food "Aid your garden AND yourself" 5 uses, when applying it to any crop it will grow instantly, Recipe 3 rot
  • Mush-y drops "It's just water, really"  5 uses, when applying it to a picked mushroom it will grow it back, aditionally it will refresh mushroom planters without the need of living logs Recipe 6 ice

Birds of the world:

• Bird whistle "Sounds like food" 10 uses, og birds of the world, recipe: not sure yet but requiers a mandrake (golden whistle animation could be reused)
  • Bird lure "Call for the megascops kennicotti" when used summons 2 turkey from nearby bushes, single use, recipe 10 berries

I am aware that there's a lot to be improved here im just getting some ideas out there because im really looking forward to a wicker nerf

Please leave your ideas, i'd love to read them

Bro have you been paying attention to any of the previous Reworks?

If not- There seems to be a pattern with them where their downsides are seeming to straight up disappear. 

I believe this is Intentional, both because Klei wants the game to be more accessible & fun & Less Frustrating for Newer Players, And more importantly... Because Klei plans to make our lives a living hell at some point.

It would be wise to expect Return Of Them Content to not always be a complete cakewalk.. For all any of us know, Klei could be working on making brand new weather seasons and dangers that make the game plenty challenging enough without having to give players downsides.

And it may sound strange but if Wickerbottom is a Librarian wouldn’t it make more sense for her to GAIN Sanity when reading instead of losing it?

The things I would focus on are her being a fragile elderly lady.. meaning her hits won’t be as strong as say a 10 Year old energy filled little girls, Her Teeth would also be unable to eat tough foods (Maxwell even has a Quote like this of his own when examining Monster Jerky)

So Wickerbottom- While not quite a Vegetarian.. couldn’t eat things like Tough teeth harming Jerky.. etc.

I would also remove her penalty of not ever being able to sleep, have you observed real life elderly people? They sleep quite often. Never sleeping at all is completely unrealistic. I’m not sure how this should work gameplay wise to be honest...

In my head I picture her being unable to sleep like normal until she forcefully collapses over from sleep exhaustion taking a nap, like she just ate a Mandrake. This would probably be annoying.... but it makes more sense then never sleeping at all.

I love playing as Wicker.. but I just hope her Rework doesn’t ruin her.

The nap perk seems interesting, however it will probs be anoyying as hell

14 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Bro have you been paying attention to any of the previous Reworks?

If not- There seems to be a pattern with them where their downsides are seeming to straight up disappear. 

I believe this is Intentional, both because Klei wants the game to be more accessible & fun & Less Frustrating for Newer Players, And more importantly... Because Klei plans to make our lives a living hell at some point.

It would be wise to expect Return Of Them Content to not always be a complete cakewalk.. For all any of us know, Klei could be working on making brand new weather seasons and dangers that make the game plenty challenging enough without having to give players downsides.

And it may sound strange but if Wickerbottom is a Librarian wouldn’t it make more sense for her to GAIN Sanity when reading instead of losing it?

The things I would focus on are her being a fragile elderly lady.. meaning her hits won’t be as strong as say a 10 Year old energy filled little girls, Her Teeth would also be unable to eat tough foods (Maxwell even has a Quote like this of his own when examining Monster Jerky)

So Wickerbottom- While not quite a Vegetarian.. couldn’t eat things like Tough teeth harming Jerky.. etc.

I would also remove her penalty of not ever being able to sleep, have you observed real life elderly people? They sleep quite often. Never sleeping at all is completely unrealistic. I’m not sure how this should work gameplay wise to be honest...

In my head I picture her being unable to sleep like normal until she forcefully collapses over from sleep exhaustion taking a nap, like she just ate a Mandrake. This would probably be annoying.... but it makes more sense then never sleeping at all.

I love playing as Wicker.. but I just hope her Rework doesn’t ruin her.

also if the rework gives her no downsides i will actually switch from playing wickerbottom to wes lmao

Archived