I play ONI from early access and remember how challenging and! interesting it was for me. It was so much fun explore different ways to manage all challenges dat game put on my way - so i decide ignore any guides tips etc. to prolong fun. Thats why im still kinda low experience player.

But with some big updates game became much easier (im not telling about quality of life like automation, but some updates just cut other mechanics away)
At the beginning it was compensated by updates dat add some negative mechanics (got infinite water with geysers? - take some heat, lots of food with agriculture update? - here diseases etc). But then, i guess,  someone decide dat game too complicated (and it rly is, but for this kind of game it is a compliment!) so some things got nerfed:

Morale. First iteration of occupations(with job board) imo was interesting because force u out of comfort zone and make develop ur base better or get punished by stress. Now u able have guy with rocket nav feed him with -1 pickled meal, sleep on cot and he will be fine. No need get plastic bed, quality food, all these new recreation things... When morale and room bonuses was added i forgot what stress is, and as for me its - terrible, because this is even not "no sweat" mode so i cant imagine how it will be there, because i cant no sweat more then now.
Cmon guys, can u remember when u use massage table last time in ur colony? Me - not.

Diseases. When they was added i remember how was scared dat slime germs crawl through my walls and rush plastic to stop these it. Now what? They are blocked by default (killed by solid and liquid + blocked by any gas except polluted oxy - lol?)

make ONI challenging again, pls

p.s.Why chlorine gas dosnt kill germs in open infected polluted water, but chlorine gas affects infected polluted water inside! liquid reservoir instead killing germs only on surface of reservoir?

i understand you point, i remember to have afraid to go outside slime and make my colony die entirely because i was not fully prepared. but thinking about how ONI works i think is a great game with good design and concept and actually just have a balanced issue if you notice there things that are ridiculous easy and others there are hardly complicated like some plants farming, temperature and electricity management and space exploration are so complicates that are more easy if you go outside  of game to figure how to solved. instead do this playing the game. most because some of system that you build on oni just show problems on long therm and if are irreversible problem maybe you will need to start a new colony. 

On 4/14/2020 at 9:08 PM, augustinoi said:

i think is a great game with good design and concept and actually just have a balanced issue if you notice there things that are ridiculous easy and others there are hardly complicated

I agreed, concept simply amazing. But its not about dat some systems(dat i build) "more easy" then other, problem is dat some game systems(mechanics) doing 0 impact on gameplay so their presence just nominal. Imo some systems stops working just because other systems (dat counter first ones) was added. So old systems just need some tune or rebalance to shine once again.

Archived