Server setting adjustments help!

Hi guys I'm on day 160 and have most of my base setup with 2 of my friends playing DST.  We started off with the server with the "more" setting on tumbleweed to help us get past the early game woes.  But now we have an abundance of resources we'd like to revert this setting back to default.  I know settings like this can be adjusted with the leveldataoverride.lua file.  I replaced the tumbleweed section from "more" > "default" and restarted my game.  I can't tell if the changes were made or not but is there a way to confrim my overrides in game?

Also, as I recall from old lua files (worldgenoverride.lua) there was a setting I have to edit to enable the override, but in the new leveldataoverride.lua file there isn't that section or atleast I can't find it.

Help.  :(

The setting is for worldgen, afterwards you'll have to either manually or statistically remove the tumbleweedspawner prefabs.

Example code for randomly removing about 50% of the spawners:

for _,v in pairs(Ents)
do
  if v.prefab == "tumbleweedspawner" and math.random() < 0.5
  then
    v:Remove()
  end
end

1 hour ago, CarlZalph said:

The setting is for worldgen, afterwards you'll have to either manually or statistically remove the tumbleweedspawner prefabs.

Example code for randomly removing about 50% of the spawners:

for _,v in pairs(Ents)
do
  if v.prefab == "tumbleweedspawner" and math.random() < 0.5
  then
    v:Remove()
  end
end

Does that mean that removing this section will automatically puts the settings back to default?   Or do I need to adjust the 0.5 setting to something else?

Archived