Replacing Cloud Texture?

I've been trying to make a mod for Hamlet that replaces the Fog Cloud texture with the one used before the QoL update. But I'm running into a very strange problem. I've made texture mods that work properly by simply putting /anim and /texures folders into my mod folder and placing my new .tex files inside, but when I add an /images folder into my mod folder, any .tex I put into it simply causes the game to quit after generating a world. The weird thing it, files in the /images folder in my MOD folder won't work, but if I go into the original data files and manually replace the .tex for the Fog Cloud, it works without issue. Does anyone have any idea as to what is causing this? I can upload the mod folder if you want.

EDIT: This also happens with colour cubes, where putting them in my mod folder crashes the game but replacing them in the actual data folder works fine.

I can see about taking a look later if you want to link the mod. Chances are the game doesn't like having those files replaced that way for whatever reason, and so the mod will likely require some code done in order to replace the textures in a more sophisticated manner.

Also I believe the reason no one has responded to your post is mostly because specifically DS modding is kind of a "lost art", so this being the type of thing not seen in the average mod sadly won't get you too many people lining up to help. Even I'm going to be taking a shot in the dark here trying to figure out how to do this considering I've never done something like this before. I'll try to see what I can do.

I’ll try and upload it later (I’m typing this reply from my phone, not my PC). If it weren’t for this and the Color Cubes, I would be able to finish the mod that replaces all of the Hamlet textures with the pre-QoL ones. That’s something that a lot of people asked for, so that’s why the lack of response was so surprising to me.

Archived