The Klei team recently added a solid filter, further making solid transport like liquid and gas transport. One additional building that can be brought over would be the reservoir.

I have a three instances of implementing this via storage bins or weight plates:

1. Manual supply to rust deoxidizer
    Spoiler

Delivery to rust deoxidizer until tank/reservoir is full, then disable the input for a long time. Tank is "full" when lowest priority smart storage bins become full. If a solid reservoir existed, I would not need the smart storage bins, storage bins, conveyor loaders, and auto-sweeper inside the room. Note that the doors to the room have access restricted, otherwise duplicants would be in a perpetual loop tanking materials from the internal storage bins and delivering to the outside conveyor loaders.

20200307103630_1.thumb.jpg.86834aa1e40189cb64575106873d48e7.jpg

2. Manual supply to Ethanol Distiller or Nosh Sprout farm
    Spoiler

This is the most basic implementation of a solid reservoir/tank where the tank level is monitor and controlled manually. If a solid reservoir existed, I could simply enable/disable a Conveyor Loader based on the reservoir level.

20200307103649_1.thumb.jpg.bd1f22c3ac0cf6a0ddd7eb13474393b0.jpg

3. Polluted dirt to polluted oxygen machine

Spoiler

This is a work in progress; tips are not welcome though as I would like to figure this out on my own :). Essentially what I am trying to do is take the bins that have sublimated to less than 20kg and create new bins that are 20kg in size. So I essentially am attempting to empty the conveyor and run the conveyor loader when then mass is sufficiently high, since I do not want to create bins less than 20kg. On the other end, if the entire system's level becomes sufficiently low, I want to add new polluted dirt.

20200307103726_1.jpg

I do realize that these implementations work and that a new building is not needed; that is why I labeled this thread as "minor". I just figured that since there was so much demand for a solid transport filter that could have been implemented with conveyor receptacles, conveyor loaders, and auto-sweepers; then perhaps there is demand for a solid reservoir as well.

Archived