[Suggestion] Rocket revamp

Currently flying a rocket requires a specific dupe to be set to fly the rocket, and the dupe in question "disappears" from the game.

I suggest that flying rockets becomes it's own job, and that flying a rocket is not bound to individual dupes, but can be, just like toilets or showers. 

Astronauts could get a "starstruck" debuff, which lasts for as long as the last rocket mission they where on, and while the debuff is active they consume twice the calories, lose stamina twice as fast AND are unable to pilot a rocket.

Lastly i suggest that the rocket cockpit gets a second automation output, to indicate when a dupe is present in the rocket, and the other output indicates when the rocket it self is ready for take off.

I personally use rockets a lot in my games, and currently my impression is that they are too strong. The planet revamp helped, but dupes are more or less "installed" into rockets, and disappear from the gameplay. It gives the impression that having a rocket, or 10, has little consequence for the colony, and that flying a rocket is a job that could be placed next to working the metal refinery.

Astronaut is the very peak of dupe education, the work that comes with it should therefor also reflect that in my humble opinion. 

Please, make piloting a job in and of it self, make it tangible and feel like it brings weight upon the colony, not just riches. 

Also, the game is awesome, keep it up :)

thx

Archived