Year of the Carrat Ideas and Feedback

Hello! I hope everyone has been having a good Year of the Carrat and a fun time in Don't Starve.  Me and my friends were enjoying the Year of the Carrat activities in our server but we all had the same ideas of what could be improved or polished further beyond what it currently was.  We really like the kind of chao garden aspect of the whole thing how can you feed your carrat special seeds to change its colors and train it to be more unique and race them against each other for prizes.  However we felt it was a little unfinished and I understand it is still in development, but I wanted to just give our collective opinion on it.

-  The first thing we noticed once we got deeper into the mechanics of it is how the Year of the Carrat menu theme plays whenever you place a carrat in one of the training gyms.  This is a good music track especially for the menus but it is really unfitting in the actual game, I know it's based on the Rocky Theme but it's so minor-key and relaxed as a musical piece that instead of making the player feel pumped up that they're training their carrat it kind of does the opposite.  We noticed it also immediately cuts off any other music that is playing. 
- Another issue we kept encountering is just how easy it is to kill your own carrat or a player's carrat.  I understand left clicking kills it and right clicking picks it up but when you have to through so much effort to feed your carrat only to accidentally click wrong or to have another player click wrong I think it really goes against the spirit of it.  My suggestion would be that if you feed a carrat so that it changes colors, that you can't left click to kill it, and must use the standard ctrl+F to kill it as a neutral monster.  I think this should also apply to other players as well. 
- The only other unanimous criticism we had was that if you start out solo you have to lose to charlie's carrats for many days before you get enough lucky golden nuggets to build the gyms and the scaling equipment.  I think this could be easily fixed by nerfing Charlie's carrats so that they have the same stats as the player's carrat or by making it so feeding your carrat will sometimes drop a lucky golden nugget.

In the end, a bearger came into our base and destroyed everything (which was our fault) and we were really sad that it also killed the carrats that were training in the gyms when it smashed the gyms to pieces with its quake attack.  We thought it would be cool if maybe it was changed so that since the bearger is part badger that maybe its attacks would not effect the carrats or that perhaps the carrats would naturally leave the gym on their own and run from it. 
Regardless we're having a good time with the Year of the Carrat event and we hope everyone else is as well and that it continues to improve. 
:wilson_cool:

Archived