Now, with new beautiful logical elements, the problem with their location will become even more acute. Logical ports are everywhere - at doors, gates and equipment. The new ribbon line does not solve the problem, as it requires readers and writers. 
I propose to make microchips that will occupy a 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 2x2, 2x3,3x3 (Depending on the required contacts), inside which you can place a lot of sensors and logic. This would take logic to Oxygen not included to the next level! (Or at least we could measure the temperature and pressure of ONE gas, and not different).

Sorry for my english. This is automatic translate.

I thought about the same, even posted it yesterday on forum, but is seems like HUGE load of dev work and potential to many issues. I bet KLEI wants to release stable pack with some simple equipment at this moment and this idea looks more like a DLC in a distant future.

Nevertheles I like this idea a lot and I hope one day we will be able to combine our complex designs in a small 4-, 2- or even 1-tile buildings :)

Archived