New Biome suggestions

So I think it's safe to say we would all love more Biomes along with the new content we have coming. I figured i'd throw up a thread for everyone to make suggestions. 

What would the Biome be? What would be contained within? There are no bad ideas here, post any thoughts, link any related threads. Let it all hang out.

I had an idea based on the Danube Floodplain in Eastern Europe. I saw a documentary about it, and what stood out to me was that it was an area that seemed kinda partly foresty-y/grasslandy for a good part of the year, but flooded for the rest of the year. I can't remember what country the documentary focused on (the internet says the Danube Floodplain runs through Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Romania and Serbia), but when the land flooded it was not super deep in general.

I think this could be a good setting for a DST Biome. It still has an almost forest look, it seemed to roughly match the temperature zone DST takes place in, and it would add a location that could realistically contain water related content different from the type of water related content we already have.

When the plain floods at the proper time of year, the area would be more or less covered in water. You could traverse it on foot, obviously getting wet as you do. The flood season would provide new mats/mobs inaccessible at any other location/time of year.

It would probably be best to have this as a new island, simply to provide content out on the water.

I am sure you have already seen mine man but I will link it here anyway.

TL:DR using ONLY Already Existing DST Mobs I broke them up into their own Unique Island Biomes out in the Ocean, Each Biome has its own 24/7 Weather Effect.

One Biome is a Dense Amazonian RAIN Forest Where Spring Rainfall is permanent there.

The next Biome is a Autumn like nice Easy going Beach Area, I did move the Rock Lobsters out of Caves and let them set up a Civilization of there own here though seeing as Maxwells Quotes about them said he banished them from the surface down into caves.

The Next Biome is pretty much just Winter 24/7 A big Beautiful Iced over Frozen Tundra, Harsh Blizzards, Sliding on Ice Etc..

But the last Biome.. The Magmatic/Lava Biome is Ripped straight out of the Forge.. and it’s an Area that can be explained that Summer Overheating went into Hyperdrive and now everything there is Burning flaming molting hot mess.

1 hour ago, Wesbie said:

I would like to know the land of the Redbird, as Maxwell mentioned when examining one.

But from the way Maxwell says, it appears to be a very distant island.

Who knows in a future event?

“They come from the Firelands”

Hilariously it is this comment that Maxwell makes, AND the Forge design that gave me the idea for the Magma/Lava Biome in my Isles of the Constant post.

Maybe a new beach biome? They would be small and common, but I think the idea of a beach biome would really help turn of tides shape up better. Maybe have jetties or other naturally spawning things, and just overall make turn of tides fit in better.

Archived