Research Beyond Rocketry & Other Feedback

I would personally pay for DLC to include research beyond rocketry.  

Consider using research to unlock improvements to current buildings
IE: Faster Mining Laser, Mining Laser Radius Increase, Ability to pump coolant to Mining Laser, Lower Power Demand From Transporters, Faster Sweepers, Sweepers Carry More, Containers Hold More, etc, etc.  You can look at the popular mods for more ideas.

Doing this would give repeated space travel for research more end game meaning.

Additional Base Game Requests:

Please Fix End Game Lag
Please Fix Gassy Moo's and Make them Worth the Effort
Please Ensure All Resources Are Available.  If not part of the map as designed, then in space travel. 
(I just played through a game on Oasisse where I had no access to Wolframite in space, that was a huge bummer)

Thank you for a GREAT game!  I've really enjoyed your hard work!

Sincerely, Transonic

Sounds like an interesting idea. Always thought that research is a bit underwhelming, considering you can do almost all of it before cycle 60 and then it's obsolete. I'd suggest granting the ability to research improvements for equipment at high RP costs, to ensure players would either go there only after all vitals are already researched, or at the very end to have something else to research.

I would really like to have something to do with my scientists after all the research is complete. Even if something cosmetic and non-mandatory.

One thing related to late game research is the large quantity of unusable Data Disks. I just though, use them to tune the Space Scanners (similar to how Power Stations produce microchips to tune Power generators). Tuning a Space Scanner would consume the Data Disk and require some amount duplicant involvement (would be a science based errand) but would allow the scanner to operate without exposure to the sky and would provide a full 200 seconds of detection time.

Archived