Error Occurred Please Restart Game

It's possible that you have a mod that will break your save game if it isn't present.  And with the recent update to .NET 4.0, modders everywhere are having to scramble in order to recompile their mods against 4.0.  And then, of course, there's a few out there who no longer maintain their mods.  A shame, that.

Just be patient and try starting a new game.  I have the most fun with the early-game stages anyhow, and I often find myself starting new colonies just for that experience.

I'm constantly having to restart my games and reload the mods - I am really enjoying playing modded and wish there was better support in place for them. Wouldn't be so bad if it just required me to go to the main menu and back into the game but to have to close, restart, enable mods, close and restart again -_-  it's very annoying when all i'm trying to do is enjoy the game. Sort it out Klei please! 

On 15.2.2020 at 2:51 AM, BlackAeronaut said:

with the recent update to .NET 4.0, modders everywhere are having to scramble in order to recompile their mods against 4.0.

Actually all of my mods were still compatible. I did not need to update any of them. And I think that's hardly a coincidence, C# is pretty good regarding version compatibility. The bigger issue is recompiling, since suddenly it complains about NET requiring v4. Not a big deal though.

6 hours ago, jm_mort said:

but to have to close, restart, enable mods, close and restart again -_-  it's very annoying

If the mods work, then all you need to do is click enable, which is a reasonable effort. After that all updates need is one restart, which is literally one button press.

Regarding it disabling all mods when an error occurs. Since mods are loaded before the main menu (and this is a must), then any crash before that will prevent you from disabling any mods via the main menu. Although I admit there could be a standalone mod manager tool that simply opens before the game launches.

Archived