Setting up a dedicated server

This probably has been asked 1000% times but i figured id ask anyway. 

I was wondering if someone could help me with an in depth walk through on how to set up the server as all the guides i have looked out leave out folders that need to be created or places that stuff should be saved. I so far have downloaded the steam dedicated server and have created a Custer_1 folder with cluster.ini and cluster_token.txt files in it and a master folder in that with server.ini folder with the text i have read needed to be in those.

At the moment i am getting the invalid cluster token message when running the server file and i have tried the 2 methods of getting a token. One through the console and one through the accounts button from the don't starve together main page. i have tried both of these tokens in the cluster.txt file but neither of them work.

I have the feeling i'm doing this all wrong

It'd be much easier for you to post what you've done exactly rather than asking someone to write down any possibility you could've done wrong.

This guide here gives you a fully working server, if you follow it closely without missing out on any directories or configuration needed.

I'd just assume you haven't specified your save location properly in your launch script, so the server tries to launch it from a different, or a default location which doesn't have a cluster token.

14 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

It'd be much easier for you to post what you've done exactly rather than asking someone to write down any possibility you could've done wrong.

This guide here gives you a fully working server, if you follow it closely without missing out on any directories or configuration needed.

I'd just assume you haven't specified your save location properly in your launch script, so the server tries to launch it from a different, or a default location which doesn't have a cluster token.

Cheers for the help pal. hopefully i can get this working

Archived