Mod request: Regrooming critters

I would like to remove the downtime on grooming on critters.  The issue I have is that I don't like how ranchers wait for the critters to be ungroomed (and thus unhappy) to re-groom them.

Could the grooming station be modded so that the ranchers will re-groom a critter before the Groomed buff is removed (say about 0.2 cycles)?  

I suspect this could be done with a second buff.

No need. All I had to do was to modify the condition from "not having the buff" to "buff duration < X".

Attached the result. My mod increases the duration by 120 seconds and dupes will start grooming when duration is small than 120 seconds. Hatches must be un-borrowed (in my short test). If you can confirm that it works, then I will upload it to Steam. To locally install a mod, put the dll into this folder My Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\mods\local\CustomizeModifier\ (folders will need to be created). I will probably expand the functionalities and add settings, thus the weird name.

CustomizeModifier.dll

On 1/21/2020 at 9:41 AM, Candide said:

No need. All I had to do was to modify the condition from "not having the buff" to "buff duration < X".

Attached the result. My mod increases the duration by 120 seconds and dupes will start grooming when duration is small than 120 seconds. Hatches must be un-borrowed (in my short test). If you can confirm that it works, then I will upload it to Steam. To locally install a mod, put the dll into this folder My Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\mods\local\CustomizeModifier\ (folders will need to be created). I will probably expand the functionalities and add settings, thus the weird name.

CustomizeModifier.dll

I'm starting a new colony with this mod.  But I have a request.  Could it not increase the duration?  I don't like the feeling when mods make the game mechanically easier, and I feel that this does.  Could it just do the less than 120 seconds?  Or perhaps on a slider for final release.

Ultimatily it's the same time, well assuming your dupes get to the stable in 0 seconds. If the duration were not to be increased, the final duration would actually be shorter than normal (exactly 120 seconds minus the time the dupe needs to walk there).

But that doesn't really matter. As said before, I plan to expand the functionality to other buffs and at the same time make settings for everything available.

On 1/23/2020 at 11:51 PM, Candide said:

Ultimatily it's the same time, well assuming your dupes get to the stable in 0 seconds. If the duration were not to be increased, the final duration would actually be shorter than normal (exactly 120 seconds minus the time the dupe needs to walk there).

But that doesn't really matter. As said before, I plan to expand the functionality to other buffs and at the same time make settings for everything available.

I personally would rather have the buff duration remain the same, as this would, from a numerical standpoint, make the game harder because more dupe time is spent grooming.

The mod is working quite nicely.  It is now extremely rare to see a critter who is glum in my ranches.  Thanks.

Think you could do something similar with other buffs?  Like the power plant, fertilizer, incubator, etc?

Archived