Multiline Code Shown as Single Line in Forum Posts

There are lots of posts that I see here in which code is presented in some quote- or code block-like manner that shows it in a single line instead of multiple lines as it's obviously supposed to be written.
362040c738ae0573cfb3931f1f8526efExample (image):

362040c738ae0573cfb3931f1f8526ef.png

This was taken from this post by Cheerio.
It's obviously meant to be written in three separate lines, but I would need to put the newlines in myself where I think they should be if I want to copy this piece of code.
I see this all the time in posts, often in cases with a non-trivial amount of lines in them, and I find it hard to believe that everybody copies them and starts adding newlines everywhere manually.

When I post code it seems to show up properly in multiple lines, so I have no idea why it's like this in some other posts.
Can someone please tell me what I'm missing in order to view these things properly?
This is getting to be a real pain. =\

2 hours ago, Clopen said:

Can someone please tell me what I'm missing in order to view these things properly?
This is getting to be a real pain. =\

You're not missing anything, and yeah it's a pain when reading over old documentation.

Unfortunately during the forum version upgrade, certain formatting was lost.

In this case the newline character is handled differently in this version than the last, and so all of the lines were shoved together as one long one instead of what it should have been.

Archived