Make nuclear power an educational statement against nuclear Power

16 minutes ago, Rainbowdesign said:

Why? I would appreciate if coal has more drawbacks too. How about some poisonous mercury gets spilled into the environment and make dupes sick to make that more realistic or some critter that are attracted by pollution like in factorio.

No need to agree that it is the worst form, just that it can cause terrible accidents which i think most people do not doubt.

No need to only take on nuclear power but give all power generation forms an edge.

Solar power as example has an edge ingame: The amount of steel and work it needs.

Coal already is not desirable. making it worst could make it obsolete, as players will just skip it altogether, drag manual generators a little more until they get nat gas. The drawbacks to coal generators right now is they use a finite (or at least, hard to produce via hatches) source or energy and they create a lot of CO2, which is waste at the early game. In some cases you would want to have them to free dupe time, but at a certain point you would want to switch (or not). This makes a platora of meaningful choices for the player - when should he build it? how much generators could he sustain? could he deal with the pollution? How to deal with coal dwindling?

idk... my point is that as it is the game handles this aspect pretty well, and maybe small twerks could be made but its doing its job well in that regard.

Having a connection to real life is important but we need to remember the game also should have a certain level of balance.

Archived