A solar system design with miner&sweeper

sorry for my poor English.

I tried to build a solar panel system without airlock breaker and collect every piece of regolith. Here's what I got.

Design Principles

• Buildable as early as possible.  Less material, simple build technical.
  • Modularization, expandability.
  • Simple automation, fully unmanned.
  • No continuous resource required.

1.thumb.png.eb5f76ad31b4c785697a3b59863cbabe.png

Red Box is the standard module, you can repeat build this part when resources are sufficient.

Green Box has no difference with redbox except automation part.

Tested for 100 cycles, no regolith missed, no overheat, no damage.

Details

Automation : 

Bunker Door: Connect all scanner in series, and a FILTER GATE, a NOT GATE. filter time depends on scan network quality. ( floor time - 44s)

Airlock: Use a XOR GATE to temporarily open it for several seconds (45s~50s), when Bunker Door fully opened, so regolith on the top can fall off.

2.thumb.png.67bf2eeb7dcc09dbe8ad1c4e94b6ed8e.png

Cooling:  simple!

cooling.thumb.png.c3bd445a0ba66d3b0a9d83044893aa15.png

Expandability: you can build part of the system in early game, working with less feature.

Phase 1: no miner, clear regolith manually.

p1.thumb.png.f94f700583977a418b5ecdf9df3a709e.png

Phase 2: Auto-miner, make sure cooling system is online.

p2.thumb.png.70370b4559d43aec323c0653ad26fbbe.png

Phase 3: Fully deployed.

p3.thumb.png.b035905ec9f78546a1df51c81c0f174d.png

Priority set:

P.thumb.png.77a509506f06ad845f2eabba678c2c31.png

Battery & Cooling Room:

In early game, use wheezewort for cooling is enough. But when solar panle deployed on the full top, it'll be better to use a Steam Turbine Kit.

Warning: Don't forget use smart battery and power shutoff to manage power output, insufficient power may cause disastrous consequence.

B.thumb.png.1c125f0890b1a3a6566982272d0f44fc.png

4 hours ago, Neotuck said:

I take it you don't like the idea of allowing them to be buried in regolith as a method of cooling?

It has the little disadvantages that a) you need space materials and b) you need to make sure at least one does not get buried. 

2 hours ago, Gurgel said:

It has the little disadvantages that a) you need space materials and b) you need to make sure at least one does not get buried. 

all built with steel and the odds that ALL miners get buried in a single shower is very high

10 hours ago, Neotuck said:

all built with steel and the odds that ALL miners get buried in a single shower is very high

Then you need significant additional cooling to bring down the regolith temperature. Not my approach, too energy intensive. Also, leaving things to chance is not my approach either. 

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

Then you need significant additional cooling to bring down the regolith temperature. Not my approach, too energy intensive. Also, leaving things to chance is not my approach either. 

Regolith is just slightly above the overheat temp of steel buildings so it doesn't take much energy to cool

Your other point I can respect, best of luck to you friend

35 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

Regolith is just slightly above the overheat temp of steel buildings so it doesn't take much energy to cool

Your other point I can respect, best of luck to you friend

No need for luck. My designs work. Something you will have to find a way to accept. 

3 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

No need for luck. My designs work. Something you will have to find a way to accept. 

I wasn't trying to be disrespectful nor did I ever say your designs don't work.

Please keep the topic friendly

21 hours ago, Neotuck said:

I wasn't trying to be disrespectful nor did I ever say your designs don't work.

Please keep the topic friendly

Good to know, because you sounded extremely patronizing to me. If that was not the intent, then my apologies, but you may want to consider what you write before submitting it in the future. 

9 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Good to know, because you sounded extremely patronizing to me. If that was not the intent, then my apologies, but you may want to consider what you write before submitting it in the future. 

My intentions was to defend my design, if it sounded like I was criticizing yours that was not my intention and I apologize

I'm glad we are able to put this behind us, I have dealt with some rude people on the forums and I'm glad this didn't get ugly

3 hours ago, Neotuck said:

My intentions was to defend my design, if it sounded like I was criticizing yours that was not my intention and I apologize

I'm glad we are able to put this behind us, I have dealt with some rude people on the forums and I'm glad this didn't get ugly

Ah, I see. I did misunderstand that then. Your design is fine, it is just not the only possible or reasonable one. 

Archived