Wortox Idea

Hey, I've been playing wortox a lot, and I really liked him. I loved his story and all, but I believe he's a little overpowered... I think it should be harder for him to use souls, like, maybe he could only use one feature at a time, like, he could craft something and then he can only heal with them, and if he crafts another, he can only teleport etc. I also think his stats are a little too high, and maybe he could use some other downsides besides getting 1/2 of the food.

Wortox is not op,he's just mostly used as a crutch.

Jellybeans are a way better healing method AND his tele-hopping doesn't save time due to the fact that simply walking is way faster than constantly killing creatures for souls and you'll need to explore the entire map anyways so teleporting between abysses is useless.

His 1/2 downside on foods makes him require more food than Wolfgang,so it's a lose-lose situation,you either waste your time killing things for their souls or you eat double the food to explore the map and get nothing in return.

It's like Wigfrid all over again,the character is easy to play so this means it's op,which is not true,time is the best resource in this game and there's no discussion on that.

Also another pretty fun fact:

Stats don't really matter,and Wortox's only ''op'' stat is 200 hp,which is nothing amazing,if you consider the fact that the other combat characters like Wigfrid and Wolfgang have 200 hp.

tl:dr Wortox has no useful advantages when it comes to saving time(the game's best resource) and therefore he's not a op character.

On 12/23/2019 at 10:43 AM, Lammarr said:

Jellybeans are a way better healing method

While it's it true that jellybeans give more health, Wortox souls also allow him to get 20 healing by killing almost any mob so it ptovides a much more consitant method of healing instead of making a while bunch of healing good at once. There is also the point that bee queen, no matter what method you use, takes a while to kill of it be to actually fight her to amassing all the materials for bunnies, which makes it so that players will have to seriously focus on her to slay her. Even Don Givanni had to use end game loot and took him days to kill her. Jellybeans are the ultimate healing got late game but wortox aouls do great whem they aren't available.

his tele-hopping doesn't save time due to the fact that simply walking is way faster than constantly killing creatures for souls and you'll need to explore the entire map anyways so teleporting between abysses is useless

While it doesn't save any time exploring, the time traveling is most certainly reduced. Need to get across a river fast? Teleport. Need to get past a wall? Teleport. Need to skip finding the atrium? Teleport. While Wortox certainly isn't unique in this regard, the fact he can do it essentially ay any time with any sort of tool in his hand makes him better the the Lazy Explorer. For example, you are being chased out of the ruins by monkey's with a lantern, backpack, and crown equipped. You can sinply teleport across the first gap you see and either escape them completely or impede them long enough to distence yourself. While this also can be completed with a Lazy Explorer, he is ultimately much safer when it comes to these risky maneuvers. There is also the fact that teleport with certin bosses can be used as a form of kiting as they actively give you souls.

His 1/2 downside on foods makes him require more food than Wolfgang,so it's a lose-lose situation,you either waste your time killing things for their souls or you eat double the food to explore the map and get nothing in return.

This is what a downside should be, constantly impedeing but not restricting. Wortox can sull eat normal food, but is encouraged to use souls as good. It encourages a playstyle while not denying the ability to use the playstyle you are accustom to.

While Wortox is not op, there is no reason to downplay the power he does have.

3 hours ago, Frashaw27 said:

While it's it true that jellybeans give more health, Wortox souls also allow him to get 20 healing by killing almost any mob so it ptovides a much more consitant method of healing instead of making a while bunch of healing good at once. There is also the point that bee queen, no matter what method you use, takes a while to kill of it be to actually fight her to amassing all the materials for bunnies, which makes it so that players will have to seriously focus on her to slay her. Even Don Givanni had to use end game loot and took him days to kill her. Jellybeans are the ultimate healing got late game but wortox aouls do great whem they aren't available.

While it doesn't save any time exploring, the time traveling is most certainly reduced. Need to get across a river fast? Teleport. Need to get past a wall? Teleport. Need to skip finding the atrium? Teleport. While Wortox certainly isn't unique in this regard, the fact he can do it essentially ay any time with any sort of tool in his hand makes him better the the Lazy Explorer.

For example, you are being chased out of the ruins by monkey's with a lantern, backpack, and crown equipped. You can sinply teleport across the first gap you see and either escape them completely or impede them long enough to distence yourself. While this also can be completed with a Lazy Explorer, he is ultimately much safer when it comes to these risky maneuvers.There is also the fact that teleport with certin bosses can be used as a form of kiting as they actively give you souls.

I think you didn't get my point,i'm talking about Wortox's MAXIMUM potential,and not how he's useful for some little things or to cover up player mistakes.

Also,Bee Queen has other op items,so you aren't killing her only for her jellybeans,all of her items saves time when it comes to resource gathering to kill bosses.

Most of the examples you gave are just convenient things that doesn't make him faster than other characters.

Lazy explorer has a speed boost,unlike Wortox and doesn't require you to constantly kill things for teleportation(It's mostly a fancy walking cane,but teleportation itself is not the most useful and pratical thing)

You wouldn't get in risky situations with splumonkeys if you have at least a bit of perception and didn't walk on their territory during nightmare phase.

The soul kiting ain't that good for the important bosses,also tanking deerclops with a campfire is a way faster way of killing him and lazy explorers for the fuelweaver fight aren't that expensive,but i admit Wortox has a bit of an advantage in that fight without exploits.

Archived