Mini bases

So I was trying to figure out the minimun space for the max number of dupes without decreasing at all the possible buffs you can get from rooms etc.

This setup gives you 15 morale bonus plus food. No snoring dupes. Unless you place them in the right part of the barracks.

They spend a lot of time travelling so reducing spaces may decrease the time, still don't know the height wide ratio in term of time of traveling.

20191212000021_1.jpg

Have you actually tried a survival game with this setup?  I would expect that the answer is no.

How do dupes access food? where is the O2 introduced?  How is O2 piped into the atmo docks?  How are you cooling this area? Where is the power supply for the atmo docks comming from?

No snoring dupes you say?  if I have a snoring dupe, this setup will not stop one from disturbing others.

Where are the showeres, these bring a good moral bonus, to that matter, where is your piping for all the sinks & toilets?

I guarantee that the total decor available in this setup is not optimal by any means, try pressing the decor tab at the top right, it is not all bright green.  For the best possible decor, tiles should show 120 decor, this, I guarantee is nothing close to that.

Your dupes are going to be runnig out of O2 in this area in no time and the whole area is effectively a CO2 pit.

This setup is far from complete.

2 hours ago, Craigjw said:

Have you actually tried a survival game with this setup?  I would expect that the answer is no.

How do dupes access food? where is the O2 introduced?  How is O2 piped into the atmo docks?  How are you cooling this area? Where is the power supply for the atmo docks comming from?

No snoring dupes you say?  if I have a snoring dupe, this setup will not stop one from disturbing others.

Where are the showeres, these bring a good moral bonus, to that matter, where is your piping for all the sinks & toilets?

I guarantee that the total decor available in this setup is not optimal by any means, try pressing the decor tab at the top right, it is not all bright green.  For the best possible decor, tiles should show 120 decor, this, I guarantee is nothing close to that.

Your dupes are going to be runnig out of O2 in this area in no time and the whole area is effectively a CO2 pit.

This setup is far from complete.

Come on don't be overly rude, the dude is trying :D. Most of your criticism can be solved with simple building addiotions, for which there is room already!

@BaccoShow The only thing that is undeniable about what craigjw is saying though is CO2: even if you make a pit below to deal with it, 2 tile corridors simply do not work with living quarters, unless you make all the wall aitflow tiles. Otherwise, the CO2 will clog the sides.
I make my bases absurdly big and fill them with statue rows, it's actually nice for a change to think about being as compact as possible, ignoring fanciness. Thanks for the input

Having the central living area too compact is anti-productive, as there is always transformers, wires, pipes and other stuff to fit into and around stuff.  As you expand, having a too compact living quarters becomes a real issue.

I hadn't thought of using window tiles, I got the full decor bonus, so windows won't make a difference, apart from my own satisfaction.

1 hour ago, Craigjw said:

Having the central living area too compact is anti-productive, as there is always transformers, wires, pipes and other stuff to fit into and around stuff.  As you expand, having a too compact living quarters becomes a real issue.

I hadn't thought of using window tiles, I got the full decor bonus, so windows won't make a difference, apart from my own satisfaction.

You should read about decor bombing. 120 average decor during a cycle will grant the highest morale, but there is no limit to how much decor dupes are perceiving per tick. You can check it their properties. This allows you for example to have terrible decor outside of your core if  inside you have like +1000 decor, as long as the average is above 120.

Archived