New Weapons and Armor

With the introduction of the ocean and the lunar islands, we're bound to get new bosses. The moon cycle in this game is utilized for a variety of niche things, such as glommer (what's the point now without the old bell?), the starcaller battle, werepigs, Woodie's transformation and etc. When a lunar based boss does arrive, I'd like to see moon-cycle weapons/armor be added as either boss drops or moon altar craftables. An armor set that gets stronger as the moon becomes more visible, and peaks when full moon hits would be spectacular. Same applies for a the hypothetical weapon. As the cycle approaches full moon, the weapon would get brighter and brighter, dealing more damage and peaking at full moon. What's your opinion on potential boss drops? Should the utility be combat based or quality of life based?

What I really want is a boss that can only be hurt by lunar items, and bypasses non-lunar armor. That would be really hard to prepare for, and would need to have some fun mechanics.

I don't really care what the boss drops, as longs as it's fun. I think the Iron hulk is the best example of a good boss. The Iron hulk has interesting spawning mechanics, loads of abilities, and really fun drops. Sure, the boss isn't too hard, and he living artifact isn't too useful, but it sure is fun, and that's what really matters.

2 hours ago, Mooagain said:

What I really want is a boss that can only be hurt by lunar items, and bypasses non-lunar armor. That would be really hard to prepare for, and would need to have some fun mechanics.

I don't really care what the boss drops, as longs as it's fun. I think the Iron hulk is the best example of a good boss. The Iron hulk has interesting spawning mechanics, loads of abilities, and really fun drops. Sure, the boss isn't too hard, and he living artifact isn't too useful, but it sure is fun, and that's what really matters.

I want more variety. I like that Klaus has a second phase, and I especially find it cool how he uses a life giving amulet. It makes the world feel more alive. Giving the bosses certain resistances and weaknesses is always welcome. 

Archived